Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Choice

Hi,

Today began as a beautiful day and morphed into an afternoon monsoon. In between there was a massage and the first swim of the season.

The very 'Easy Monday' song was "Hotel California" by The Eagles. This week we begin another Wednesday Special with a concept suggested by my brother Denny. His idea was to feature songs with strong, musical bass lines. For the next month or so Wednesday's will be called 'Bad Ass Bass Day'. Hope you recognize the songs and remember the bass parts.
"__ __ __ __ __ I have someone who needs me, someone I've needed so long. For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me and somehow I know I'll be strong..." Hint: The version with the exceptional bass was released in '68 and is still a very popular recording. Not written by the singer, but is it any wonder that he made it a hit?

After a second night of rain and wind, we thought the bright blue sky was a sign that it was all over. Ha! Where have I been. Like other parts of the world, the weather here can be unpredictable at certain times. We don't usually get this kind of storm in March. On Monday, our friends at The Sold Project had damage to the roof of the Resource Center and the wind blew down the 'silk worm hut'. Repairs were being made today and I hope they were on time.

It was such a beautiful day that I decided, with a little coaxing, to put on my new wetsuit and go for a swim. It was the first time in the suit for the first swim of the season. The water would have been too cold without it, but as I stepped in it felt fine. The first thing I noticed was a difference in buoyancy. I was lighter in the water, which was a cool kind of feeling. I did some laps and got reacquainted with the view from the pool. The whole encounter was a big success and cold water can't hold me back anymore. I just have to be willing to pull on the suit.

After my swim we noticed that the sky had suddenly gotten darker. A little later the wind came up and we had to close some windows. Then the rain hit and it was time to get the towels. These sideways rain storms usually happen at night so it was interesting and weird to see it happening during the day. Watching the water fly right at the house was not how we'd planned the afternoon. The front yard became a lake very quickly and puddles were appearing around the house. The rain was being blown under some of the roof tiles and was trickling down the walls in a few places. We lost power for a while but it came back after about 30 minutes. Through it all, the dogs were following us around the house. BamBam is afraid of thunder and big weather so she was under me as I tried to do things. Daku was a little upset but mostly curious about all the activity. Everything is calm now, but tomorrow there will be plenty to clean up outside. And that's the way it is.

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Choosing to live your life by your own choice is the
greatest freedom you will ever have."
~Shad Helmstetter

No comments: