Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The broken record weather remains. There are several forecasts calling for rain either Saturday or Sunday and we can't wait.

That pesky 'Wild Card' song was "The Look of Love" by Dusty Springfield. Oh yeah. Time for some 'Old School Friday'.
Well, I've got __ __, and I ain't 'shamed. __ __, and I love them both the same... Let me tell you 'bout my first lover. Well, he's sweet and kind, treats me good like a lover should and makes me love him, I really love him..." Hint: This clever song was a hit in '63 by a motor-city diva. There's a number involved in the title. Hmm, do you suppose she was singing about her guy?

This morning we had another brief session with the dogs outside. We were going to cancel, but they insisted that we go outside. Air can be very deceiving sometimes. What's in close proximity can look clear so you figure it's OK to breathe. Then you look off in the distance and realize that everything is gray and you've been tricked. This thing will not be over until there is a good rain to wash away the smoke and put out some fires.

We went out into the world today. A drive through town is always a sight-seeing tour as we made our way to Orn's shop. Orn is a seamstress that we have been going to and she does good work. Lisa is having her make some pants from material we got at the market yesterday. Hmm, I'd better get out that shirt I like and see if she can make one like it.

Makro in the morning is cool if you're early. Today we weren't early. It was a little busy, but we got the things we needed. The big snag came at the check-out lanes; not enough were open. Makro is a little like Costco in the U.S. It's also like a wholesale warehouse in that shop owners come there to get mass quantities of things. It is not uncommon to be in line behind a vendor with a big flat-bed cart filled with everything he sells in his neighborhood store. There are no bags at Makro so for big orders they transfer items from one cart to another as they ring them up. It's very interesting unless you're standing behind a couple of these full carts. It's not really a grim picture, just a standing in line thing. (Ha)

The weekend is upon us and we have no plans. What? Hopefully we'll be sitting by the window, watching the rain. There was talk of a carwash but I think that will have to wait. We should probably consult with one of the locals who knows how to 'smell' rain just to be sure.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. It's time for some 'Funnies' from the pen of Dorothy Parker by way of our friend Deirdre.

Peace,
Danny

Quotes from Dorothy Parker

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

"I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be darling at it."

"Don't look at me in that tone of voice."

"The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant,
and let the air out of the tires."

"I require three things in a man: he must be handsome, ruthless, and stupid."

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: