Monday, October 3, 2011

Solution

Hi,

The weather stayed nice in Chiang Rai over the weekend. It's a good thing, since we were out in the street quite a bit.

The 'Old School Friday' song was "Searchin'" by The Coasters. Now it's time for 'Easy Monday' and a song I'm sure you will remember. "When I wake up early in the morning, lift my head, I'm still yawning. When I'm in the middle of a dream, stay in bed, float up stream. Please don't wake me, no don't shake me, leave me where I am, __ __ __."
Hint: It's about something we all like to do, or at least need to do. It was done by four lads. That's all for today.

Saturday morning I had my first massage from Khun Joy. Lisa has been raving about her so I decided it was time. To say that it was sometimes painful would be an understatement. It was more like physical therapy and each time she found a spot that was congested she would show me what else it was affecting. I was way overdue for a massage and things have tightened up. I learned that the pain I felt in my big toe, when she massaged it, was directly related to my stomach and my head. Hmm. I'll be getting back to routine massages from now on.

In the afternoon we went to the opening of the photo exhibit for our friend Thomas. There was a good turnout and the work was good. Some of his candid shots of people were wonderful. We saw a lot of our friends there and had some interesting conversations about art and Chiang Rai in general. We got invited to a Thanksgiving dinner next Sunday at the home of Bob and Noni. Bob is Canadian and they celebrate on the 10th of October. Lisa will make her mashed potatoes and gravy and Noni will be baking a turkey. We can hardly wait. Turkey is a rare thing here in Thailand.

After the exhibit we went downtown and had dinner at Connect Cafe. There, we ran into an American friend who was hanging out with a bunch of her teacher friends. We'd seen them before, but never met. Later that evening we baked cookies. Yum.

Sunday we changed our pattern and went to the vegetable market and then to Makro. Some of the things we would have purchased at Big C came packaged in bulk there, so now we have mass quantities of a few things. Later we met our friend Natty at her parents' restaurant. We just sat and talked for awhile. She explained that they have to prepare a special menu this week for the Chinese Vegetarian Festival. We had noticed a lot of activity at the temple down the street, and that's the reason why.

We had afternoon coffee at Doi Chaang. In the evening we met Jaffee at the Night Bazaar for a dinner meeting to discuss the progress on the planning for Lisa's Bangkok exhibit. While we were waiting for Jaffee we had a conversation with the owner. We asked her how things were going and she said, "Not busy, but my heart is good". That was deep.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"When we dwell on the problem, the problem gets bigger.
When we dwell on the solution, the solution gets bigger."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: