Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

All day long it looked like it could rain anytime. It never rained, but we're hoping for overnight showers. Ironic since many other parts of Thailand are under water and having problems with too much water.

It looks like most of you missed the boat on the 'Dealer's Choice' song, literally. It was "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain, and that was the name of the boat you missed. 'Old School Friday' is next, with what can only be called early 'Bubble Gum' from 1957. "I know (I know) you belong to somebody new, but __ __ __ __ __. Although (although) we're apart, you're part of my heart and __ __ __ __ __." Hint: It's by two young women whose names both begin with the same letter.

This morning, while Lisa was at her massage, I went to the main post office to buy some mailing tubes. I stood in a short line and when it was my turn I tried to describe what I wanted. I finally rolled up a large envelope in hopes that the clerk would understand. The woman next to me said something to her in Thai and she looked around in the back. 'No have'. Leaving the place put me in the Friday morning traffic through the main market. It was an exercise in controlled chaos. I found it very exciting though, all the activity going on everywhere I looked.

On the way home from the massage we spotted a very unique vehicle. It was a motorbike with a large windshield and a canopy. The rider was completely covered by this device. I imagine rain could blow in from the sides if they went too fast, but there's also protection from the sun. Hmm, I wonder it this will become popular? I had a realization about the motorbikes with sidecar type additions. They're like a cheap way to have a pick-up truck. When I think about the various things I've seen being hauled in them, it's like the bed of a pick-up truck. Hmm.

This afternoon on my way out to New Life Foundation, I spotted what can only be called an abuse of privilege. While driving down a two lane road I noticed flashing red lights in the distance. They were coming down the center of the road, causing the cars ahead of me to move to the shoulder. The same was true on the other side of the road as well. As the police pick-up truck approached, I could hear the siren blaring. It turned out to be a caravan of about 15 government and private vans and trucks, all moving at a high rate of speed, right down the center line of the road. Nothing more to be said about this one.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Tomorrow morning we'll take another of Lisa's prints out to the framer. In the early evening we're going to the official opening of Chezmoi, a fashion boutique that makes custom clothes and jewelry. Then we'll dash up to 9 Art Gallery for the opening of a new exhibit that is featuring a friend of ours. Sunday afternoon we will be in the country for the Thanksgiving dinner. In between all that is the F1 Grand Prix from Japan.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. It's time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

There's a senior citizen driving on the highway. His wife calls him on
his cell phone and in a worried voice says, ''Herman, be careful! I
just heard on the radio that there was a madman driving the wrong way
on Route 280!''

Herman says, ''I know, but there isn't just one, there are hundreds!''

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: