Thursday, October 6, 2011

Look

Hi,

Our day began with clear blue skies. By the late afternoon it looked like it might rain. It hasn't yet, but it still could. We met with friends for lunch, and had an afternoon swim. Another day in paradise.

A cryptic message from my friend Stuart let me know that he knew the song and the band. How about you?
"__ __, she taught me everything. This lady she asked me, if I would be her man. You know that I told her, I'd do what I can, to keep her looking pretty, buy her dresses that shine. While the rest of them dudes were makin' their bread, buddy, beg you pardon, I was losing mine!" Hint: A boat named for a river with lots of "S's" and a lady of royalty?

The passing of Steve Jobs left us feeling sad this morning. His ideas and innovations have become a big part of our lives. He is no longer suffering and that's a good thing. I am grateful that he was here.

We went to Doi Chaang again today, to meet Tawee and Beth. Since it was lunch time we went next door to Work@Home to eat. They are in the process of moving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai so we had lots to talk about. Beth has lived in Thailand for over five years, and Tawee hasn't lived in Chiang Rai for a very long time. We discussed the differences between the cities and the change of pace. He is the new director of The Sold Project and is looking forward to the challenges. We talked about dogs, shared pictures, and enjoyed the company of Jonathan. After they get settled I'm sure we will see more of them.

After lunch we swung by the little post office at Edison so Lisa could mail a package, and then it was home for some relaxation. When we got up from our nap the sky presented some big, dark clouds. There was a cool breeze but I checked the pool temp just to see how it felt. We decided to go for a swim. The water felt cold at first, but after half a lap it felt good. Usually we like the air to be hot if the water is cold, but today it was just fine. So glad we did that.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
~John Lubbock

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: