Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Last night we had a yard-soaking storm. Today we had a mix of sun and clouds that made it easier to run around town doing this and that.

The '81 Wednesday' song was "Urgent" by Foreigner. Oh, now you remember. Time for 'Old School Friday':
"I was working in the lab, late one night when my eyes beheld an eerie sight. For my monster from his slab began to rise, and suddenly, to my surprise he did __ __, he did __ __ __. __ __ __, it was a graveyard smash..." Hint: It's about a dance you might do at a Halloween party. Easy.

We woke up to the tail end of a big storm that I apparently slept through. Daku and I didn't like the soggy lawn when we went out at 6:30, but he did what he had to do. There was a light sprinkle for half an hour and then the sun came out. It's so nice to have some rain and not worry about any flooding.

Driving north on the Super Highway is becoming a regular thing these days. Today we went to the airport to change our plane tickets from November to December. On the way back we stopped at Makro for more 'provisions' since we heard the news that many suppliers would be out of service for weeks. Fortunately, the fresh things we eat mostly come from this area. We made a few more stops on the way home and now have enough of the basics to last us a long time.

This afternoon, while driving into the eastern countryside, I noticed that some of the rice fields are starting to turn yellow. This is a sign that the rice is nearing maturity. The first time I saw this I thought it was dying, until it was explained to me. So, the fields go from lush green to an odd yellow and then it's over. Hmm.

Tonight there is the familiar thumping bass from across the river. Not sure what's going on, but just know that it's a party and you're invited. (555)

This weekend will be the inaugural Formula One GP from India. We'll be watching.

Have a Wonderfilled WeekEnd. On with the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Some race horses in a stable were boasting about
their track records. "In the last 15 races, I've won 8 of them!"

Another horse breaks in, "Well in the last 27 races, I've won 19!!"

"Oh that's good, but in the last 36 races, I've won 28!", says another.

At this point, they notice that a greyhound dog has been sitting there
listening. "I don't mean to boast," says the greyhound, "but in my
last 90 races, I've won 88 of them!"

The horses are clearly amazed. "Wow!" says one, after a hushed
silence. "A talking dog."

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: