Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Light

Hi,

Last night we had rain. This morning it was cold. Cold enough to put on a long-sleeve shirt, and close the windows.

It's nice to know that some of you survived the disco era with your memories intact. I like this part of the song:
"Go on now, go, walk out the door, just turn around now 'cause I don't need you anymore. Weren't you the one, who tried to hurt me with goodbye? Did you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and die? Oh, no not I, __ __ __. Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive.... __ __ __, hey, hey." Hint? Seriously?

Today was rather laid back. I think the cold had something to do with it. I had a massage this morning that was brutal. Khun Joy ground away at the tight muscles on the left side of my body and loosened things up. I'm still getting used to the idea of someone laughing when I tell them I'm in pain. What? The little boy in me wants to run out of the room. The old man in me wants to slap her. (555) Healing is not always fun. Maybe, in the not too distant future, I'll just have a regular, routine massage. What a joy that will be.

The cold weather makes the dogs extra frisky. They ran like crazy this morning and this afternoon. The exercise serves two purposes. It keeps them in good shape and healthy, and it makes them more docile in the house. Wild dogs inside can be a lot to deal with.

We're still keeping a watchful eye on the news from the Bangkok area. It's difficult to keep a perspective since we don't know our geography that well. What we know is: water is coming from over-filled dams, along with unseasonable rain and the rivers can't handle the volume. The central part of Bangkok city is safe and is being protected as much as possible. On the English news they will mention areas that are having trouble and we don't know where they referring to unless they show a map. Even that is of little help without a landmark. That leads me to the realization we keep having about how it feels to be illiterate. All our lives, in America, we could read signs, and understand the written word. Without that capability, big parts of the puzzle are missing. Something to think about.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"A little light in a dark room is still a great illumination."
~Ernest Holmes

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: