Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today it actually got hot again. We're in that 'cool morning, hot day' season. The water drama in Bangkok is the main topic of conversation here. The city of Chiang Rai is dry and the river is dropping. All is well.

'Dealer's Choice' was "Aja" by Steely Dan. In case you hadn't noticed, I do recycle songs that I really love. Sometimes I do it because nobody knew them the first time. Guess what? Sometimes nobody gets them the second time around. Hmm. It's time for 'Old School Friday' and this one may prove to be a stumper (that was a challenge).
"One day while I was eating beans at __ __ __, just sittin', diggin' all them scenes at __ __ __, a chick came walkin' through the door that I had never seen before. At least I'd never seen her down at __ __ __. And I started shakin', when she sat right down next to me." Clue: These guys had a ton of hits, most of them written by a team that ended up on Broadway. The title is the name of an eating establishment.

This morning while Lisa got her massage I went to the vegetable market for Boot. Before I made the turn down the aisle where the chicken lady sits, she noticed me and gave me a big smile. When I reached her she just held up three fingers and I nodded. That meant that I wanted three whole chicken breasts. Then I picked out some cabbage, saw the fruit lady and returned for the chicken. There is something very elegant in the simplicity of the markets here. It's also fun to watch the other shoppers and how they buy their food.

We've been noticing a lot of dump trucks on the main road near our house. Construction is big in Chiang Rai these days. There are two buildings in progress near our street, and all over town things are being built. I have mixed emotions about it all. The quaint little town we visited in 2001 is slowly growing up into a center of activity in Northern Thailand. Hmm, I'll have to find more short-cuts as the traffic increases.

Tomorrow we're going to Mae Chan to have lunch with Khun Noy and his wife Susan. They're the couple who took us to meet Chalermchai at Wat Rong Khun. We'll get to see their hydroponic lettuce farm and meet their dogs. It's going to be a fun time.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. The 'Funnies' were seen on a button on Facebook. I couldn't resist.

Peace,
Danny

"I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm and Profanity."

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: