Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rainbow

Hi,

Our Wednesday has been sunny and warm. Today we'll finish up the weekend, and finally tell you about this week's happenings.

What a surprise to find that only two of you knew the 'Easy' song. Seth and Denny get a Silver Star for knowing "On and On" by Stephen Bishop. Oh well, 'Old Folk Crap' is here again and this time it's an easy one, I think:
"When I was just a lad of ten, my father said to me, 'Come here and take a lesson from the lovely __ __. Don't put your faith in love, my boy', my father said to me, 'I fear you'll find that love is like the lovely __ __."
Clue: Song title with two words, sung by three people, about one sad man. There's also some plant life involved. Don't blame me if it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

The big news of the whole weekend was that Lisa gave Liz her card on Saturday night. By Sunday afternoon Liz had been to Lisa's website, and forwarded the link to her Senior Editor in Bangkok. She writes for a magazine called 'Traversing the Orient' and they want to do a piece on Lisa. Monday our friend Chalit came over with his brother and mother to do some studio photos of Lisa in her work environment. He also shot a portrait that's very nice. I guess we'll be bringing a few copies with us when we visit in December, since it's not available in the states.

Sunday evening we picked up Liz at her hotel and went to Jaffee's house. We hung out on the patio, and then he wanted to show us a cool place to eat. We followed him to the old airport area. Around a bend we came upon what looked like a drive-in. It's actually a diner called 'WCH' (World Class Hamburgers). It sits next to a 9-hole golf course, and the whole thing is owned by an American named Barry. We walked through the diner onto an area near a practice putting green. There were a number of salas with seating for four. Not far from us, at the golf course, there was a bingo game going on. When we got our menus, it was like being at a 50's diner. There were color pics of all the dishes, and lots of things I could eat. Barry came over while we were ordering and helped us. The chicken burger is outrageous. I asked for root-beer, and they brought me a can of A&W. I'll be back. Barry finally had time to come and sit at the table with us. We got his 'story' about how he came to be in Thailand with a burger joint. He's been here 10 years. It's always fascinating to hear how and why people settle in Thailand. One of the common denominators is always the Thai people.

Monday morning, while Lisa was having her photo session, I took Liz to see Wat Rong Khun (the White Temple). She's lived in Thailand for six years, but hasn't spent much time in the north. We had a great time marveling at all the work being done on the beautiful temple complex. If you still don't know about it, just Google it. There are thousands of pictures on the web.

I had told Liz about our friends at The Sold Project, and she was interested in meeting them so we set up a lunch at Aye's for Monday afternoon. We met with Deirdre and Michael, and learned even more about the project. I think it went well judging by the smiles, and exchange of cards at the end.

Get ready for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
~Dolly Parton

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: