Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Failure

Hi,

I guess those of you in So. California are wondering why I keep giving you rain updates. Well, now you know. I read your weather forecasts. When it happens everyday, the days when it doesn't rain are special. We had rain overnight, and sprinkles a couple of times today. It was a rather dim day. We never left the compound. Lisa finished another cast acrylic print, and I did some work on my new project. We're getting excited about the big weekend coming up.

The song was 'Easy' for a bunch of you. Today I'll leave you with the chorus, which will be your big clue for today:
"Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir? Voulez-vous couchez avec moi? Voulez-vous couchez avec moi, ce soir? Creole __ __." Hint: Some of you may know this song from a recent movie. Just know that it was not the original. The group that recorded the song also had a French name that happened to be the last name of the lead singer. How deep is that?

I have dropped several hints that I'm working on a new project, but never told you about it. Here's the deal: I'm filming life in Chiang Rai, as I see it, for a video magazine style Youtube presentation. It would have 'Episodes' on a semi-regular basis that would have a feature story, a place of interest, and something to make you go 'Hmm'. I've started piecing together the introductory edition, learning as I go. You will be the first to know when it's done and posted. There are lots of 'travel' videos, but I haven't seen anything that gives more that an overview. Stay tuned.

The Chiang Rai Music & Arts Festival begins on Thursday night and we'll be at the Mantrini Hotel for the opening of one of the art exhibits. We have no idea just what the order of things will be during the weekend, but we're going to be taking the river shuttle to several hotels for whatever they're hosting. Our friend Jaffee has been involved in the planning and promotion of the festival so we're getting inside information. There are banners, and printed material, but not a lot of info in English. Nice to have someone who can fill in the blanks. I'll record as much as possible so you can see it later on my 'show'. Hmm, I'd better make up some business cards and make it look official. (555) Culturally speaking, letting others know of the importance of what you do or who you are seems to carry a lot of weight. In the land of contrast and contradiction, there is 'humility', and there is also 'blowing of one's horn'. Amazing Thailand.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If you have made mistakes, even serious mistakes,
you may have a fresh start any moment you choose,
for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down,
but the staying down."
~Mary Pickford

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: