Thursday, October 7, 2010

Evil

Hi,

Chiang Rai got another great day, with a slight sprinkle this afternoon. The day was pretty mellow, with some shopping for essentials, and a call about a photo shoot.

So far, only one person has named the song. My friend Ricardo knew it. I'll bet this first verse will make it clear.
"I've been so many places in my life and time. I've sung a lot of songs, I've made some bad rhyme. I've acted out my love in stages, with ten thousand people watching, but we're alone now and I'm singing __ __ __ __." Hint: It's by a guy who later became a 'mad dog', and has masqueraded as many characters.

It looks like we may be coming out of the rainy season. The sky can get cloudy, but nothing happens. Today we had some sprinkles that didn't really get the ground wet. Later I went into town and some streets were wet, and out on the highway it was sunny and hot. Gotta love those multiple weather systems. At this rate, I may have to water the lawns.

While we were out and about this morning we got a call from Chalit, the photographer who's been documenting Lisa's catalog. He wants to do a photo project of me and my guitar. We noticed that he had some photos on the wall in his studio of musicians. Some time next week we'll go in and I'll 'perform' for the camera. Hmm.

Driving in Chiang Rai always offers new approaches to certain situations. This evening, as I came to the three-way intersection by the hospital, a guy in a truck was making his way through the 'dance' and turned on his flashers, as if to say 'Here I come'. When he passed through he turned them off. I guess that's one way to get other drivers' attention. Of course that assumes that they see the lights and know what they mean. And just what was the emergency? I'm still having difficulty with people turning in front of me when the light turns green. That would never happen in L.A. Right?

For your Thai lesson today, the word is 'chi' (long 'I'). Depending on the tone it can mean 'yes' or 'use'. Also, the commonly used word for 'percent' is 'percent'. Now you know.

Have a Thrilling Thursday. Today's quote was sent to me by my good friend Eileen. Thanks a bunch.

Peace,
Danny

"The greatest evil that can befall man
is that he should come to think ill of himself."
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: