Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Inherit

Hi,

Another fabulous day in Chiang Rai. We spent some time outside of the walls, got some work done, and swam. The dogs are happy they have their yard back.

'Easy Monday' was brought to you by "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Queen. Today's lyric is from the second verse of a song from 1970. It's had a million covers, and you'll get 'Cool Points' if you tell me the writer/singer who did it first. "I know your image of me is what I hope to be. I've treated you unkindly, but darlin' can't you see. There's no one more important to me, darlin' can't you please see through me, 'cause we're alone now and I'm singing __ __ __ __." Hint: The hook in the song is not exactly the same as the title, but it's still four words. You might not need any clues, but it's a song about a song. Hmm.

Last night we were about to go to a party when I wrote to you. It was quite a gathering of people we knew, and some we didn't. We had some great visits, and got to hang out and learn more about our new friends. Kevin, the birthday boy, and I talked music for quite awhile. When his cake was presented, everyone insisted on a speech. He read a quote from a book he just finished. I immediately asked him to send it so I could share it with you. Every time we go to a little gathering of volunteers, it makes me think about how many courageous people there are in the world. The ones who leave the comfort of their familiar surroundings and travel far away to help someone else. It's enough to make one smile.

This morning we went downtown, or rather, Lisa drove us downtown. She's taking the bull by the horns, confronting the streets of Chiang Rai. We visited with Atom at work, where we started a search for a stronger coating for our yard furniture. We also set a time and place for our Sunday lunch. A few doors down we stopped at the pet supply store for more dog food. I think we're getting the Thai price since we've been such regular customers. Nothing like living in a small town.

Lisa has been working on a new series within a series. You'll just have to wait and see what I'm talking about. If you'd like to see some of the work that will be in next year's show, go to her gallery link below and click on 'cast acrylic prints'. That will show you the new stuff.

Monday the yard crew was here all day. That meant the dogs had to stay in the house or the pen. We'd take them out on the leash, but they didn't get to rip and run. Tuesday Nui and Oui were working on the patio most of the day. Today there was no work being done. The yard was theirs again. This morning, while Daku was giving the place his inspection, he discovered a cat in one of the front gardens. He chased it all the way around the house where it jumped the wall to safety. He's getting faster, but he's no match for a cat. Now he checks the garden every chance he gets. He's a dog.

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"A life spent shaping a world I want my children to inherit, not one I fear my children shall inherit, this strikes me as a life worth the living"
~David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas).

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: