Thursday, July 8, 2010

Try

Hi,

Today was not like Chiang Rai weather at all. It was overcast, misty, and cold. Hey, where am I? Oh yeah, in L.A. in the summer time. We visited our chiropractor, Lisa lunched in the marina, I cruised the mall, and we entertained our old friend, Mr. Jet Lag.

Our current song was known by a few of you. All the usual suspects, but I'm hoping to hear from the rest of you.
"'Cause don't forget who's taking you home, and in whose arms you're gonna be, so darlin' __ __ __ __ __ __."
Clue: I'm all out of clues, but you'll get extra points if you can tell me the lead singer, at the time, with this R&B vocal group.

This morning I woke up at about 4:30am. I tried to doze a bit, and may have, but most of the time I was awake. I was lying there trying to deny that I was awake. I didn't want to believe that I was going to have to go through the 'sleep time adjustment'. I felt great, there won't be a problem.

I went out to Venice early this morning to return the rental car, or should I say 're-rent' the car. It's about the rate for the duration. Anyway, I had to use the windshield wipers. In a way this was great since it covered my turn-signal reflex. Nobody knew. (Ha) Now I remember, June gloom.

After our doctor appointments I took Lisa to the marina to the place where she used to work. I went to the 'new' mall to get a SIM card for Lisa's phone so she could have an L.A. number, and I took the opportunity to stroll around, since there weren't many people there. I did notice many tourists, and I felt like one of them. It's still all very new to me. I have to go back and really take in some of the things I saw, like the toy store. Yum

This afternoon, around 3:30, we got a visit from Mr. Jet Lag. We were sitting at the chiropractors office, for a follow-up, and Wham, Pow! The eyelids grew heavy, the head bobbed, and desperate attempts were made to stay awake. We managed to fight it through a visit to Trader Joe's, but by the time we got home there was no turning back. We crashed, and didn't wake up for two hours. Now the trick will be to go to bed at a 'decent' hour so we can get ourselves back on track, on L.A. time. (Mr. Lag is laughing)

For your records: Lisa's phone number is (310) 227-2351 Danny's number is (310) 494-1179

There shouldn't be any problem having a Cool Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Most of the important things in the world
have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying
when there seemed to be no hope at all."
~Dale Carnegie

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: