Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today we ate at two of our favorite Thai restaurants, went to the art supply store, and had an obligatory nap in the afternoon. I think we're settling into the time scheme here, but not the weather. It still feels cold.

"Save The Last Dance For Me" was the song, as sung by Ben E. King and The Drifters. 'Old School Friday' is next:
"...He said, 'If you don't give me the deed to your ranch I'm gonna throw you on the railroad tracks'. And then he grabbed her (And then), he tied her up (And then), he threw her on the railroad tracks (And then), the train started comin', (And then, and then...). And then __ __ __ ..." Hint: This humorous record is from 1959, by a group who did a lot of novelty R&B tunes. This is a take-off on the old movie theme of the damsel in distress.

We have an art supply store in Chiang Rai, but it's tiny compared to what's available here. There are things that Lisa needs for her work that we can only get in L.A. Our trip to Pearl Art Supply was very successful.

For lunch we decided to visit our friends Woody and Suni at Thai Boom 2, on Robertson Bl. They were very happy to see us when we went back to the kitchen. They are the couple who came to our house last year when they were in Thailand. We told them about our elephant adventure, and communicated in Thai a little more than last time. This pleased them.

We had dinner at Emerald Thai with our friend Kathie. The owner, Nid, is a dear old friend who was one of our first Thai teachers. We'll go back and visit with him when the restaurant is not so busy. Some friends ask us why we keep going to Thai restaurants when we come here. It's what we eat. (Ha)

While we felt the need for a nap today, there wasn't the 'crash' that happened yesterday. I guess we're coming out of the woods. Maybe we can go all day tomorrow. Hmm.

Tonight Mr. August, and his mom, Anna, returned from Pittsburg. They went there for a 4th of July family reunion. We were given a tour of his new cell phone, and he asked us if he seemed bigger. The answer was a definite 'yes'. He had to get to bed, but tomorrow we'll hear all about his trip.

Have a Fabulous WeekEnd. On with the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

What Pets Write in Their Diary

Excerpt from a Dog's Diary.....

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with my people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: