Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We're sitting in the Taipei airport with a little time to spare. Our flight from LAX was very nice in first class. Lots of attention, food, and drink. We've been chasing the sunset most of the flight.

The last song we played with was "My Sharona" by The Knack. And now it's time for 'Old School Friday'. Do you remember this one: "__ __ __, pleasant dreams and sleep tight my love, may tomorrow be sunny and bright, and bring you closer to me." Clue: Smooth ballad with a lush arrangement. Always a favorite at parties. A great 'last song'.

Leaving Los Angeles in the afternoon meant no lines at check-in, and immigration. It totally changes the experience. I don't know if it had to do with the time of day, the day of the week, or both, but we loved it.

A funny thing happened on the way to Taipei. One of the cabin attendants thought I was somebody famous, and we got special attention the whole trip. She was really nice, but I still don't know who she thinks I am. She said she saw my picture. Hmm. I just rode the 15 minute wave. (555)

It's time to go. I'll try to get back on schedule when we get to Thailand.

Have a Wonderful Weekend. Now it's time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Believe it or not, these are Memphis , TN 's REAL 911 Calls!


Dispatcher : 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
Caller: I heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the brown house on the corner.
Dispatcher: Do you have an address?
Caller: No, I have on a blouse and slacks, why?


Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
Caller : Someone broke into my house and took a bite out of my ham and cheese sandwich .
Dispatcher : Excuse me?
Caller : I made a ham and cheese sandwich and left it on the kitchen table and when I came back from the bathroom, someone had taken a bite out of it.
Dispatcher : Was anything else taken?
Caller : No, but this has happened to me before and I'm sick and tired of it!

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: