Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Purpose

Hi,

Today in Chiang Rai, the weather did its usual thing. Cold morning, warm day, cool evening. We took care of ourselves, and took care of business. Who knew this life would be so busy?

OK, for those who didn't know or thought they didn't know, here's the part of the song where everybody always sings along: "I guess you'll say, what make me feel this way? __ __, talkin' 'bout __ __ (__ __)." Clue: Smash by a tempting vocal group from the motor city who had a ton of hits through the years.

This morning we to Arisara for a massage. Lisa was very happy with the technique of Nid, and I was hoping to find someone with a little more experience. We got there just as they were opening and actually had to wait for a second masseuse. It was worth the wait. When Nok (bird) came into the room the first thing she asked was 'do you want medium or strong?'. I'd never been asked that before. I went for medium and it was a good choice. I really dislike leaving a massage feeling all tense from the pain that's been inflicted. Just doesn't make sense. Today we both left feeling better and we'll go back again next week.

We got a call on the way home, from Khun Jaffee. He had some files for the art exhibit he needed to get printed and needed us to burn them to a CD. We got back to the house and the files were waiting. Lisa burned them to a CD, Jaffee stopped by and the printer got the work in time. Modern technology is grand when it works.

Since ballet classes are now on Monday and Wednesday, we had to move our Wednesday Thai lesson. We had one today at 2pm, which is not the best time for us. When it was at 3 it gave us a chance to regroup after our lunch/nap combo. Today we didn't have that luxury and we were a bit sleepy. We got through it, and even learned something. Did you know that there are letters put at the end of certain words that make it clear that they are not Thai words? When a word is adapted to Thai, it gets the little designation, which is unspoken, but there in writing. From now on, we're going on Friday morning, with fresh smiling faces. (555)

As we left our language class Lisa got an email from Jaffee. We were to meet him at the hotel to put info cards on the art work. We had a little time so we went to Chiang Rai Mall to price DVD recorders. To our surprise, they didn't have any. Oh well.

When we arrived at the hotel Jaffee was putting the cards on his works. He had devised a system so he put them on Lisa's as well. We talked a bit more about the show opening on Saturday. Le Meridien Hotel is a beautiful resort that sits on the Mae Kok River. I have been intrigued by an aroma that catches me every time I enter the open lobby. I keep looking for some exotic flower, but I've found nothing. Today I asked about the fragrance. The young woman at the front desk told me it was a special scent made for the hotel and it's sent (pun intended) into the air by a small pump and nozzle. She showed me where the device was located. I was surprised that she'd tell me the whole thing. I sort of wish it had been a real flower though. You'll just have to come and smell for yourself.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
~Robert Byrne

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: