Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dreams

Hi,

Today there was a prediction of rain for tomorrow. Hmm, we had what felt like Santana's in the afternoon, and then clouds came. We shopped at the talat (market), and picked up leaves, to the frustration of the dogs. Tonight I pack for my weekend trip.

"I keep your picture, upon the wall, it hides a nasty stain that's lyin' there. So don't you ask me, to give it back, I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me. __ __ __ __, no no, it's because... Ooh, you'll wait a long time for me. Ooh, you wait a long time." Clue: The singer is obviously conflicted.

The morning began like any other, blue skies and mild temps. Boot didn't feel well so we went to the talat and got some essentials. Lisa created a delicious noodle soup 'Thai Style' for lunch.

This afternoon the front yard was covered with teak leaves. The big winds just carried them across the street and over the wall. Armed with a giant trash bag, we went out and 'harvested' the leaves. When I took the dogs out for an afternoon run, they stood and surveyed the lawn. There had been lots of leaves in the morning. What happened?
They managed to find a few strays and munched away. They had to settle for chasing the ball.

As the weather warms up, we're hoping the pool does the same. This morning I put our Solar Sun Rings back on the surface of the pool to help the process. They're 5 feet in diameter and have two layers of thin vinyl that trap the heat of the sun and send it into the water. They also cut down on evaporation. We'll see in a few weeks, when the nights get warmer.

Tomorrow morning I have a morning flight to Bangkok, and then a bus ride to the city of Pattaya, to the south. It's a beach resort town. I'm going to a convention of Recovering addicts, and it's turning out to be an international affair. I'll fly home on Sunday evening. I'll be posting the Friday message from the Erawan Hotel.

Have a Thoughtful Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind,
to find out if they've got a second.
Give your dreams all you've got and
you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you."
~William James

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: