Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today we had an early surprise, did some shopping, visited friends, found the air purifier we've been looking for, and still had time for a nap.

The song that baffled you was "Trench Town Rock" by Bob Marley and The Wailers. Oh, you shoulda known. For 'Old School Friday' let's go back to '61. "While I'm far away from you my baby, I know it's hard for you my baby, because it's hard for me my baby, and the darkest hour is just before dawn....And tell all the stars above, __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __." Hint: It's by a major 'Girl Group' in the pre-Supremes era. Title is about something kids would do on the radio, through a DJ.

This morning the doorbell rang at 7am. It could only mean one thing, Boot was home. Sure enough, just as I hit the button for the gate to open, I heard a Tuk-Tuk roar off. Boot had arrived early and rode all the way home, in the morning cold, in a Tuk-Tuk. She was cold but happy. We took the dogs downstairs one at a time so they wouldn't overwhelm her. She said she cut her trip short because it was so hot down in Rayong. She got to see her family and that was the main thing. That and the blessing from the monk. Then she had to leave a little later for a doctor appointment. She didn't get back until late afternoon.

We got to Big C around 10am, before the Friday crowds. As we were going into the store we spotted our friends who own Sawasdee Restaurant in the Night Bazaar. After our shopping we had lunch at Black Canyon. The manager there is training one of her workers to do every job in the place. So far she's waited tables, been the cashier, served as barrista, and is now cooking in the kitchen. Very smart move considering the manager/owner works seven days a week. She will have someone to fill in for her before long.

With the art show a week away, we've started taking catalogs around to invite friends to the opening. Today we went by the tractor store and visited with Jen and Nu. We hadn't seen Nu since he returned from his honeymoon with his new bride Nan. He and his mom pulled out pictures and told us who all the people were. Then Jen gave us two pictures of the wedding party. She also gave us a calendar for the new year. It's very cool, it's from a tractor company. Something for my room. (Ha)

I had read something on a Thai forum about an air purifier being sold at Amway stores. We went to the local store, on the highway and checked it out. They didn't have any brochures in English, but the manager said to go on the internet. I did and it looks like a winner. One of Boot's friends is an Amway person so we'll have her sell it to us so she can get the credits.

Driving in Chiang Rai: Today, as we approached the Amway store I pulled over too soon. The store was about 100 yards ahead so I crept along in the motorcycle lane until we got there. As we got out of the car, it struck me that no one would be mad at me. What I did was perfectly OK here. I was out of the driving lane, didn't hit anything, and going slow is totally acceptable.

It's time for the 'Funnies'. Trudye sent this one. Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

A Dress Story

Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement - not even her parent's nasty divorce.
Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear, and would be the best-dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new, young wife had bought the exact same dress as her mother!
Jennifer asked her father's new young wife to exchange it, but she refused.. ''Absolutely not! I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it,'' she replied.

Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, ''Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day.''
A few days later, they went shopping, and did find another gorgeous dress for her mother.
When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, ''Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it."
Her mother just smiled and replied, ''Of course I do, dear.....I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.''

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: