Friday, July 17, 2009

Hi,

Coming to you from Chiang Rai, Thailand with today's message. We had a beautiful trip back. I'll try to fill you in if I can keep my eyes open. Having a sleep attack.

Supertramp was the group that brought us "The Logical Song". It featured 'tackled' sound from the Mattel digital football game. How's that for trivia? For the weekend you might be singing this tune by an L.A. band:
"You know the day destroys the night. Night divides the day. Tried to run, tried to hide, __ __ __..." Hint: If I finished that line it would be too obvious. By a group named after something you walk through. Hmm.

When we returned our rental car on Wednesday, one of the things I was not looking forward to was lifting the heavy bags out of the trunk. Just as I was about to do just that, a young man came up and asked where we were going. When I told him LAX he said not to worry about the bags, he'd take us in the car we just turned in. Out of the blue, we were driven to the terminal, and he took the bags out of the car. We avoided the wait for the shuttle, the bus ride and lugging the bags around. That was just the beginning.

Our arrival at EVA Airlines was a little tense because we knew our baggage was overweight. The gentlemen checking us in was very diplomatic in explaining the limits but didn't charge us for the overage. Now it's getting good.

Next stop was everybody's favorite part of flying: The TSA inspection. Something must have been in the water because everyone there was smiling and in a good mood. Lisa and I got separated in the line and she mentioned to a woman that I was her husband. The man inspecting my ticket and passport said: 'You couldn't lose him if you wanted to.' He was right, of course. Everyone cracked up as they continued with their scrutiny.

This is a good place to end part one of the journey. Monday we'll visit the EVA Lounge and take off for China.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd and enjoy the 'Funnies'. These were sent by my dear friend Lois.

Peace,
Danny

Signs:

I have kleptomania but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

I am Nobody. Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect.

Corduroy pillow are making headlines!

When you work here you can name your own salary. I named mine 'Fred'.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: