Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cherish

Hi,

Hot and humid is the continuing forecast here. It's nothing new but I just thought I'd mention it since there seems to be a heat wave in Southern California. I did my running around early and spent the better part of the day in the comfort of the 'air'.

The 'Classic' that so many of you enjoyed was "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. 'Easy' is gone. Try this one:
"Marvin, he was a friend of mine, and he could sing a song, his heart in every line." Hint: Their name is from the sea but they came from the Motor City. This is a tribute tune. Hmm.

This morning I started my circle of errands at CAT (our internet provider). I wanted to cancel the service on the device that gave us so much trouble. I had heard that they had a buy-back program and I asked. One of the women in the office has a friend that might be interested so she made a call and I sold it right away. Now all they need to do is increase the speed to match the claims and we'll be happy. As it is, it's nice to have a steady stream instead of losing the connection at random times.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of wire for the internet installation because I was told that the technician would only install the box on the outside of the house. Well, they didn't need a bit of the roll I bought so this morning I returned it. I thought it might be hard to communicate since we were in different languages, but it was actually quite easy. I think the clerk knew just enough and the fact that nothing had been used may have helped.

Today was the first day of the Buddhist Lent and the temple in our village was broadcasting into the neighborhood. We heard chanting, a teaching and some interesting music. This is a time when monks stay over night in the temples. Apparently some monks sleep in the homes of their families and spend the days in the temple. The tradition of staying in the temple for this period of time was so the monks wouldn't trample the rice fields as they went to collect alms from villagers. This, of course, was a long time ago but it has turned into something else. This is a time for Thai Buddhists to make merit by taking food the to monks and doing things for them. There is also a tradition of offering candles and candle art. We saw some candle art at the airport and the carvings were very detailed.

This evening we had a training session with both dogs. We got a program while we were in America that looks very promising. Both dogs are responding to the concept and so are we. Hey, before long they'll do what we ask them to do. What a concept.

Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Cherish your vision; Cherish your ideals;
Cherish the music that stirs in your heart,
the beauty that forms in your mind,
the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts.
If you remain true to them, your world will at last be built."
~James Allen

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: