Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cave

Hi,

Yesterday we went to the beach. I went to swim class and Lisa hit the gym. It was a semi busy day in L.A.

I guess I'll have to dig deeper if I want to challenge you all with a tough song. So many of you knew what it was.
"I said I love you and that's forever, and this I promise from the heart. I could not love you any better, I love you __ __ __ __ __." Hint: This is the last verse. I'm out of hints. Looks like you really don't need any.

So the big plan was to hit the beach. Looking west, I had my doubts about the weather. We packed up the van anyway. There was Anna and Lisa in the front, August and I were in the second row and C-Bass had the very back seat. Behind him was all the gear for a day in the sand. When we arrived at Santa Monica beach, it was overcast, windy and cold. With hope for a change we stayed low. August went to work on his famous beach drain. This requires him to dig a hole (what else?), insert a small bucket, run down to the surf and fill a second bucket, fill the buried bucket and I think you get the picture. Around 1pm the clouds left and the warmth of the sun was our new best friend. The wind didn't stop so there was still that cool blast, but the sun felt great. We'll be back.

Back in town, there were things to be done. August had a swimming class in the afternoon. Anna and Lisa wanted to go to Curves so I took Mr. August to the pool. I'd been there before, a long time ago. Each child gets a half hour private lesson. There must have been seven or eight private lessons going on at the same time. It was quite a sight. On top of all that, there was a tiny new 'swimmer' getting her first taste of the pool and all she could do was scream. August made sure I was watching when he jumped off the diving board and went down the slide. It all made me a little homesick for the pool.

This morning we're going to watch DJ August work a gig he has at Jeff's work. Last night he worked for about an hour getting all his gear together. He focuses in and knows exactly what he's doing. When he came to visit last night he let me know that he had all his machines and music together and he was ready to go. It's so interesting to watch him go from this little kid watching Sponge Bob to the professional DJ techno wizard.

On with the show. Have a Cool Day.

Peace,
Danny

"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."
~Joseph Campbell

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: