Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,
It was a quiet day on the compound. Lisa painted, I cut wood and played with bamboo, and stories grow without our knowledge. Oh, and the dogs have a growing attachment.
So, the little word you were looking for as the song title was "Girl" by The Beatles, of course. We'll end the marathon with this tune that was not sung by one of the usual suspects. "I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping __ __ __ __ __. I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping __ __ __ __ __." Clue: It has to do with the instrument he plays. Hmm. For a Bonus prize (Ha) tell me the name of the song that featured an artist who wasn't a Beatle but got billing on the single. Oh yeah, his name would help. For Extra Bonus Points tell me at least one of his hit songs.
This morning Lisa put the finishing touches on another beautiful painting. It's a large work that will soon be on her site. While she was doing that, I finished the first of the garden fences I told you about. It came out pretty good if I do say so my self. Then I cut the bamboo for the next garden. I need to get these done before we have both dogs out there. So much is unknown about how Daku will relate to all that plant life. It's also not clear what he may learn from BamBam. I hope he doesn't share her appetite for rocks. Anyway, then there's the patches of missing grass from Bam's digging phase. I think I have a way for them to get sun and water without making more little fences.
A few weeks ago Tay brought her sister Tong over to meet me and see the house. She decided that we'd make a record together and apparently the story has grown. Tay found out from a friend that I'm going to produce her sister's record. Well then, I guess I'd better fire things up. What? There is a fascinating innocence in the way some things are perceived and communicated.
As I write to you Daku just woke up from a nap. He came out from the bathroom and BamBam, who'd been waiting patiently, went and got him a bone. She place the bone in front of him and then put her leg over him. They were both lying on the floor. Then she got up and brought another of his toys out and gave it to him. How sweet is that?
I leave you with the 'Funnies'. It's part of a list sent to me by my good friend Lee. Thanks.

Peace,
Danny

Things that make you say Hmm. (Or laugh your head off)

Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Do you ever wonder why you gave me your e-mail address in the first place?


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: