Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Los Angeles Landmarks

Forgiveness

Hi,
This week started out with a bang. I sold a phone, school started up, and a local tour reveals that not much has changed on the streets of L.A. Hmm.
Our first song this week got a good response. If you don't recall the song, this first line may help... or, you'll kick yourself.
"There's nothing you can do that can't be done. There's nothing you can sing that can't be sung. Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game, it's easy. __ __ __ __ __ , __ __ __ __ __ " (over and over) Clue: It's what the world needs.
The first Monday of the new year found me taking Lisa to work. Actually, to where she used to work. Then I continued my quest for the elusive original iPhone. The dogs had picked up the scent but their little noses were so cold that we lost it. In the meantime I made my way through traffic to Westwood. There I made a parking lot deal for my old Treo. It felt like something out of a movie.
One of the things that hasn't changed since the summer is the traffic. Where are all these people going? Where was I going? (Ha) I was trying to get to Melrose just east of Fairfax. We were hot on the scent again and the dogs were pulling. The problem was, our prey was trying to throw us off by zigging and zagging. Persistence paid off and we found someone who had seen the beast. Still no capture. On with the hunt.
Mr. August started back to school and that left an odd quiet in the house. But it didn't mean that he wasn't there in spirit. Boxes, cords, tape, markers, screens and speakers told the tale of the lair of a mad scientist. When we returned in the afternoon, he was working with his tutor. Since he was on a break, he had to run out and let me know she was there. He also made it clear that she was a 'girl'. August loves girls. Then he took her to the family room and showed her his latest work.
There are landmark buildings in every city. There are places we just assume will be there forever. I have found that there are also landmark people who just seem to always be there. At the corner of Midvale and Venice there is a woman with a cart who has been arranging her things for years. On Robertson, north of Third there is a person who wears wild costumes, always in tights and usually on rollerblades. A trademark boom-box lets you know it's him. Saw him yesterday, still dancin'. There are more of these landmarks around town. As I see them I'll let you know. You could even tell me about your landmarks if you want.
It's time for a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Forgiveness is a funny thing.
It warms the heart and cools the sting.
Those who cannot forgive others
break the bridge over which they themselves must pass."
~Confucius (551 - 479 B.C.)


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: