Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It's Friday night in Chiang Rai and it's unbelievably quiet out here on the edge of town. Not that I'm complaining. After a fairly mellow day, a mellow evening is the perfect end.

All you kids got the latest song. It was "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes. See, you knew that. Now we're going back in time. "All we need is a drummer for people who only need a beat, yeah I'm gonna add a little guitar and make it easy to move your feet. I'm gonna add some bottom so that the dancers just won't hide...__ __ __ __ (x4) " Clue: It's a family affair by everyday people. One of their early hits.

We went into town this afternoon for a scheduled massage but it didn't happen. My operator has apparently left and Lisa's was with another client. All that came with an appointment. One never knows what's going to happen. We rescheduled for Sunday and ran errands. We only have three bills to pay each month. It's pretty amazing. That's not to say that there aren't other things that have to be paid for, but I digress. Utilities can be paid at any 7-11. We had several stops on the main drag today, including 7-11, the pharmacy warehouse where we get vitamins, and the hair lady by the Wancome Hotel (our first home). We parked at the hotel and let that be our base. Considering it only costs 62 cents to park, it's not a bad deal.

Lisa gave Napa a ballet lesson later in the day. Napa is dying to get in the pool. She's been swimming here a few times and even though the water really is cold, she denies it. Today she was in to her knees. Once it warms up, it will most likely be ballet and swimming and Tay will have to drag her from the water. I remember being nine and how much I loved being in a pool.

Life is going pretty smooth for us without Boot. Of course she left a full complement of clean cloths, food in the kitchen and a clean house. Today I watered most of the lawn using the system that Rene devised. He got these couplings for each of the hoses around the yard so it's a simple motion to move the sprinkler around. Tomorrow I'll do some spot watering and then there are the trees. We're starting to get white and purple flowers on our little tree in the front yard. Pretty soon we'll be able to smell it in the house. Yum.

Our dear friend Kathie Fry has put together a series of websites that provide travel and cultural information. There's one called 'Do It In Hawaii' (www.doitinhawaii.com) which has links to everything you'd want to know about Hawaii. Now there's one called 'Do It In Thailand' and I think you should run over there and see what this place (Thailand) is all about. www.doitinthailand.com/

I'll leave you with another link that was sent to us by Blue. Monday I'll tell you more about it. Just watch and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjFnJuk1Aw

It's time for the 'Funnies'. Thank Martin for the laugh. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,

Danny

"All we need is a drummer for people who only need a beat, yeah I'm gonna add a little guitar and make it easy to move your feet. I'm gonna add some bottom so that the dancers just won't hide...__ __ __ __ (x4) "




My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school
reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her
drink as she sat alone at a nearby table. My wife asked, "Do
you know her?"

"Yes," I sighed, "She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up those many
years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since."
"My God!" says my wife, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"

And then the fight started.....


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: