Thursday, January 15, 2009

Driving in Thailand

Injustice

Hi,
The decompression has begun. Naps are in order and it will probably take a few days to normalize. Me and the phone are getting along fine, and there's nothing like a dog for unconditional love.
It would appear that a few of you knew the song from the middle. Now the rest of you can take it from the top. Here goes:
"Giant steps are what you take __ __ __ __ I hope my legs don't break __ __ __ __..." Clue: One small step for.... Hmm.
By now it is very predictable, the getting over the long flight from California to Thailand. I think the long sleep I had over the Pacific Ocean may have helped this time. Although we both hit the wall in the afternoon, I'm doing pretty good this evening.
This morning we went to Big C for a few basic things. It was my first time behind the wheel on the other side of the car/road and after three weeks, there'll be some decompression there as well. I put on the wipers four times in our little outing. I just had an idea. Why not have the Thai vehicle converted so the turn signal is on the left and the wipers on the right? That way I could drive in both countries without getting crossed up. (Ha) Driving in Thailand is still a bit less complicated than in L.A. even though not quite as orderly. Oh, and it's a lot slower. I guess that's why we use less fuel. Hmm.
BamBam is noticeably bigger. Her body and legs are longer. When we arrived last night she got so excited that she kept making a little whimpering sound. Boot told us she went upstairs every day looking for us. We brought her some toys but only gave her one. While unpacking, she spotted another one in the suitcase and dove in after it. Somehow she knew it was for her.
She spent lots of time with us today and that was really nice.
I almost forgot to tell you something funny. Anna pointed out that Hello Kitty has no mouth. The more we think about it the funnier it gets. What does she do when you say 'Hello'? Think about it.
Today I got some 'Apps' for my iPhone. Yes, that's what applications are called for the phone. Anyway, I'd been shown a few and couldn't wait to get them. One of them is called 'Pocket Guitar' and it's got guitar strings that you strum while holding your fingers on the fret board. Very cool. Then there is a piano, a four-track recording studio, and a voice sampler that lets you play a keyboard using whatever you sing into it as the note sound. That could prove to be a little frightening. (Ha) I'll have plenty to keep me busy on long bus and plane rides.
Have a Cool Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
~Martin Luther King Jr

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: