Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,
So now we're in a new year and it slowly starts looking like the last one. We get past the folly of resolutions and just keep trying to do something that seems better/different. Oh well, the new calendar is pretty.
Our last song was the one that won't go away. "Auld Lang Syne". You can thank Lane for this overview that tells it all:
"Auld Lang Syne" is a Scottish poem written by Robert Burns in 1788 and set to the tune of a traditional folk song. It is well known in many English-speaking countries and is often sung to celebrate the start of the new year at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Day.
The song's (Scots) title may be translated into English literally as "old long since", or more idiomatically, "long long ago" or "days gone by". The phrase "Auld Lang Syne" is also used in similar poems by Robert Ayton (1570–1638), Allan Ramsay (1686-1757), and James Watson (1711) as well as older folk songs predating Burns. In his retelling of fairy tales in the Scots language, Matthew Fitt uses the phrase "In the days of auld lang syne" as the equivalent of "Once upon a time." In Scots "syne" is pronounced like the English word sign. Now you know.
Old, but not that old is what I'd call our weekend song. "...what you gonna tell you momma? What you gonna tell your pa? What you gonna tell your friends when they say 'ooo la la' __ __ __ __....." Hint: Song about a date that could have used an alarm. Hmm.
This weekend I'll be going through a phone transition. It looks like I'm finally going to get an iPhone. That means that I may be out of touch for a bit. Timing is everything and I'm hoping to get the new one before I sell the one I'm using. If not, I'll be using Lisa's phone as a base. That number is: (310) 284-8597. If a man answers, don't hang up, it's me. (Ha)
Does it feel like Monday to you? Well it really is Friday and you know what that means. It's time for the 'Funnies', sent in by my good friend Lee. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Financial Planning

Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business. When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune.

One evening at an investment meeting he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away. 'I may look like just an ordinary man,' he said to her, but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit $65 million.'
Impressed, the woman obtained his business card and three days later, she became
his stepmother.

I guess some women are better at financial planning than men.


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: