Friday, January 9, 2009

Back to Thailand - Friday Funnies

Hi,

As we near the end of this little adventure, I start to reflect. Yes, lights are flashing back from my toothy grin. I did it. I captured the beast. The hunt is over. To the victor goes the blah, blah, blah. But it's not over. Read on.

That place of temporary lodging was referring to The Motels, who sang "Only The Lonely". Back in time for the weekend:

"Ooh, baby Baby, baby __ __ __ __ __ ? And all your promises of a love forever more..." Hint: Wigs and gowns asking the proverbial question. Hmm.

So I crept up real quiet like and noticed that the creature was sleeping. With a net in one hand and a money-whip in the other, I pounced. There was no struggle and no one got hurt. Now, I have to tame this wild beast. It has a mind of it's own which I attribute to some spoiling by it's previous owner. Without going into detail, I have to show it who's boss before the long trip back to Thailand. Couldn't have it escape and run wild over there. (Ha) How ironic that I get a phone and can't make a call. Ugh.

Yesterday we had lunch in Pasadena at SalaDang Thai restaurant. If you're ever in the area, it's on south Fair Oaks and it's something to experience. After lunch we went back to my Mom's and set up a new phone system, and Lisa gave her a lesson on the computer. She's becoming quite the 'tech head' lately. She had to dismantle her little workstation so a painter could do his thing. Mom drew diagrams of what plugged into what so she could put it all back together. (applause)

More running around today. I will leave you with another 'Funny' from my friend Lee. Have a Warm (Ha) WeekEnd.

Peace,

Danny

Reunion

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table.

My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'

'Yes,' I sighed, 'she's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since.'

'My God!' says my wife, 'Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'

And then the fight started.....


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: