Thursday, October 16, 2008

Optimism

Hi,
Aside from a few more fireworks, it was a pretty quiet day around the 'Big Brown House'. It was windy today and cooler than it's been. We chose not to swim (Brrr) but later in the day we had a guest.
I'm so glad to see that our memories are intact. A bunch of you knew the song on the first day. This next line is for the rest.
"Is it true what they say about you (cheat, cheat)? They say you'll never, ever, never be true. It doesn't matter what they say,
I know I'm gonna love you any old way, what can I do, What 'bout you.... __ __ __" Clue: Oh really now, you know it.
I'm happy to report that Bam is doing better. She's full of energy and it's hard to hold her back. A few more days and she should be able to have her yard back. (Ha) This afternoon Boot carried her upstairs to visit Lisa in her studio. When she asked BamBam if she wanted to see Lisa, she said she got all excited. Like I said, 'Smart dog'.
We actually thought we might get some rain today. This morning it was very cloudy, but the wind blew it all out. There's a storm over Vietnam that's heading east. It will lose strength, but we still could get some rain. It would be nice because there's been a lot of burning in the area and rain always clears the air.
Tay and her daughter Napa came over late in the day. Napa came with her swimming gear and had a great time in the pool. Oh, I forgot to mention that our little friend Oui came over on Tuesday and we all played in the pool. He has won some medals for swimming at school and is a 'fish' in the water. We were reminded how much we miss C-Bass and August and how much fun we'd have with them. It won't be long before the water is too cold for any of us so we'll just keep using the pool until that happens. It's winter time now and the air will be getting cooler as the days get shorter.
It occurred to me the other day that I'm getting pretty good at getting around town, but I don't know the names of most of the streets. It's all about landmarks and bread crumbs. If you saw some of the signs, you'd sympathize. I'm going to need someone to ride with me and tell me how to pronounce the major street names so I can be more 'fluent'. I'd be hard-pressed to give anyone directions at this point. "Turn right at the Police station, right at the next light and it will take you to the market." Or I might tell you to "Take a right at the Police station, a right at Doi Chang and a left at the New Clock Tower, then a left at the first street and park." This would take you to the Wangcome Hotel and street parking. See what I mean?
For now, scroll down to the quote sent to me by my friend Christopher and have a Good Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
~Colin Powell

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: