Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
By certain calculations, it's either the end of the week or mighty close to it. We had an interesting day. We had our first actual swimming guest. Up until now Lisa and I have been the only ones in the pool. We keep inviting people to come over and swim, but there seems to be this supposed 'cultural' thing about being too shy to swim. I don't buy it. I've seen people in the river. Anyway, I'll tell you in a minute.
Cousin Trudye was the only person to write me with the correct answer to the song. It was "Maybe" by The Chantels. Oh my, and you know that song. Lisa warned me that nobody would get it, but it was too late. I had already hit 'send'. You know this?
"It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside, I'm not one of those, who can easily hide. I don't have much money, but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live..." Clues: Early 70s hit by a singer who became a Sir, costumes R Us, this one's for you... Hmm. Our friend Tay has a nine y/o daughter. Apparently Napa has been bugging her mom to bring her over. Today was the day. It was mid-morning when they arrived. We would have joined her in the pool, but the water was cold to us. So she had the whole thing to herself. She had a ball, swimming and playing. I got out the water toys and that really added to the fun. We swam a little later in the day, after the water warmed up a bit. Tomorrow Lisa is going to go with Tay to watch Napa's ballet class.
We've been doing some 'training' with BamBam lately. As Lisa puts it, "Teaching her some manners". What's really going on is making it perfectly clear that we are the Alpha dogs and she is the Beta. No jumping, biting, or taking advantage. It was cute when she was little, but certain habits can be very annoying after a while. So, Miss Bam is now mellowing out, sitting when told and enjoying walking on a leash. She's also getting little treats at unannounced times during her lessons. She still has her moments of craziness when she tears around the yard, but she's a dog. Oh, she's learning to catch her ball. Not that we're playing catch or anything, but when it bounces on the driveway, she jumps up and snatches it out of the air. I'm thinking this dog may have Frisbee potential. That would be big fun.
I going to let you go early today because the 'Funnies' are long. They were sent to me by our friend Alan. This is the first time I've sent a video clip, but the punch line is in the video and it's wonderful.
Have a Cool WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Dear Geek Squad,

I recently purchased an HP Printer, and when I am in the room
watching it, it works perfectly. However, nearly every time I leave
it unattended, the papers come out wrinkled, sometimes even shredded,
with blurred ink. If I re-start the print job and babysit it, there are
no problems. You can imagine that this has been very frustrating, and
I would appreciate one of your technicians coming out to fix whatever
the problem is.
Thank you,
Dave Larson


Dave,

Thank you for contacting the Geek Squad. As you know, one of our
top technicians was dispatched to investigate your printer problem.
His initial findings mirrored your experience, so he set up a hidden
camera to document what was causing the paper disruption. Please review
the attached video, and thanks again for your business. And for the
laughs we all had upon discovering the source of your problem.
Sincerely,
Mark Donaldson, Geek Squad
(See attached file: Printer problem.wmv)




Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: