Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Wow, it's Friday again. It's also Halloween, which means there will probably be strange creatures all around. It's also the last Formula One weekend of the season. How will you handle it all? (555)
There were more David Bowie fans that I figured. Maybe you just remembered the song. Anyway, it was "Let's Dance" and, as I suspected, the first line of the song (second day clue) brought tons of mail. Let's see if you get this with only one clue:
"Everybody's got a thing, but some don't know how to handle it. Always reachin' out in vain accepting the things not worth having but, __ __ __ __ __ __ , (repeat) mama. 'Cause I'll be standin' on the side when you check it out..." Hint: Recorded this one during his prolific years, playing almost everything, seeing nothing. Song is encouraging optimism. Hmm.
We had to make another trip to the vet today. We became very concerned about a rash on BamBam's legs. The best explanation is that it came from her lying on a surface that wasn't completely dry after the bug guy's 'non-toxic' visit. She's not acting like anything is wrong so we're not sure how to feel. We just know that it shouldn't be there and the vet was just as puzzled. So many things in the world to be careful about, even with guarantees. I promise not to rant.
The bug guys came again today because there was a concentration of ants in one of the kitchens. Boot keeps it spotless, yet there's a line of marching ants going up the wall. So, they came and basically redid the job with a focus on the inside and outside of the kitchen area. We kept Bam inside for most of the day. Just walks on the front lawn and back in the house. When I was sure everything was dry, we let her have 'her' yard back.
It's very hard to resist the pool when it looks so inviting. I've come to the conclusion that the 'foot test' is not how I should decide about swimming. I need to put some pool water on my stomach or lower back to see if it's cold. Foot said, 'feels good'. When I got in it was cold. We swam for about 10 minutes and got out. It's still a good, heart pounding workout, but it shouldn't be so taxing. One good thing though, we may be able to swim this winter if we get tough enough. (5)
Today on the street, was "Turn In Front of Anyone You Want Day" as long as they see you and they have time to stop. We've known the rule for quite a while, but today everyone was doing it. I joined in the merriment at one point. There was something in the air.
I think it's time for the 'Funnies'. This is from the archives. Have a Fun, Safe, Wild WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

The Prescription
A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, 'I would like
to buy some cyanide.'

The pharmacist asked, 'Why in the world do you need cyanide?'
The lady replied, 'I need it to poison my husband.'
The pharmacist's eyes got big and he exclaimed, 'I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband. That's against the law! I'll lose my license! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things
will happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!'

The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.
The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, 'Well now, that's different. You didn't tell me you had a prescription.'



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: