Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Today we ended the week by visiting the frame shop, tasting new tastes, playing a new game and dropping off the dog. Wow, all that in one day and still had a little change left.
So, the song was "Not Fade Away" by Buddy Holly. Oh my. It was done in 1957. Paul sent me some great lines in response to the age of the song vs his age: "I don't know what's up w/my memory these days... I have the hardest time recalling just about everything that happened before I was born! Well, according to Google, it's Buddy Holly from 1957 (when I was -8 years old!)." I might also add that he mentioned that it was based on the feel from Bo Diddley. Yes, we've been here before, and now you know.
"I told you 'bout living in the U.S. of A., don't you know that I'm a gangster of love. Let me tell you people that I found a new way, and I'm tired of all this talk about love....I'm a __ __ Bet you weren't ready for that. I'm a __ __ bet you weren't ready for that." Hint: Bay Area rocker with a long list of hits. In this song he gives himself a new label. Two words, one from the past and one from the future. Hmm. Wave your hand, say the magic word and you might remember.
We went back to the frame shop today to pick up seven of Lisa's works. We've become fast friends with the owner, Khun Noy. He speaks pretty good English and loves artists and their work. He buys work from lots of artists apparently. Anyway, while we were waiting for wrapping paper to arrive, he went next door and got us something to drink. It was Lemon grass juice. Of course it had a dose of sugar in it, but it was good. So good that I went over and bought a few to take home. Then the lady at the restaurant started bringing out every flavor of juice she had in the back. I think we came home with three kinds of juice.
Khun Noy's wife is a professor at Mae Farluang University and is working on her PhD. They'll be coming to dinner in the near future.
One of the things we bought at Big C the other day was a little racket and ball set for the pool. Today we broke them out and played the craziest game of whatever. Water tennis, pool ping-pong, a name will come to me eventually. The rackets have a plastic film instead of webbing on the hitting surface. If you tap them they sound like a drum. Very cool. Bam was curious until I hit a ball that came in her direction. She made her way to the far side of the yard, looking over her shoulder like we had lost our minds.
Speaking of BamBam, we took her to the vet this evening. Boot was very brave. We all were. We'll leave her there for about a week, maybe. It's going to be really quiet around here with her gone. We took some of her treats for after her surgery. We got her a little cloth animal to pass the time over night. Lisa rubbed it on all of us so it would smell familiar. (brilliant) She took right to it and began chewing away, lying in a cage. She was the most relaxed of all of us. Hmm.
After we left the vets we went down to the Night Bazaar to see Paladorn. His wife and daughter were at his booth and we had a nice short visit and got info on a silk-screener. It was a good distraction for all of us.
It's time for the 'Funnies' sent in by Cousin Trudye. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

The Importance of Walking

Each walk you take can add several minutes to your life expectancy.

This enables you at 89 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $7000 per month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60.. Now he's 97 years old and we don't know where the hell he is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll say, 'Well, she looks good doesn't she.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years,...... just getting over the hill.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could walk this over to your friends but why not just e-mail it to them!



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: