Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Choose

Hi,
For some reason, we've been waking up earlier than before. Yesterday it was the temple, today, just awake. I suspect part of it is the fact that Lisa goes down to help Boot with BamBam and she gets up early (Bam, that is). So much for small talk.
I got a little more mail about the song. Yes, it was "Handyman" but it was by Jimmy Jones. James Taylor had a notable hit with it, but did you know that the original sold a million copies? (Ha) Now you know. This next one was written by a very famous writing team. You should know this one too.
"It's not the way you smile that touched my heart. It's not the way you kissed that tears me apart. Many, many, many nights go by, I sit alone at home and cry over you, what can I do? Don't want nobody, nobody, 'cause __, __ __" Hint: This one goes back a ways, but it's still around (confused?) It's from the early 60s by a Girl Group, then by lots of other groups. Hmm.
Today was a big celebration day at the temple and apparently all over. We heard some really cool music drifting through the 'hood'. One set consisted of small gongs, a marimba-like instrument, an oboe-like horn and drums. A little later there was a singer who sang some melodic lines that were first cousins to the blues. In the afternoon there was some chanting. Later in the day people started setting off fireworks. I found out too late that our neighbor wanted to take me to the temple today. That would have been special. No one to tell me what's going on, just go with the flow. I suppose that's the whole idea. I'm going to make sure I don't miss the next opportunity. I think the fact that he wanted to take me has some significance. Another friend of ours wanted to take Lisa. I guess we're moving up to the next level in the social 'dance'.
We took BamBam to the vet's this afternoon to check out a few things. She's going to be alright, just a little minor infection. The doctor was very confident about it healing. She was happy to go for a ride in the truck, but wasn't too pleased with the destination. She did cooperate with the doctor and his assistants.
We've seen a bit about the fires in SoCal. I hope everyone is safe. If you have any specific news, let me know. It's still strange when things like that go on and we don't hear from you.
And now, it's time for a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If you have made mistakes, even serious mistakes,
you may have a fresh start any moment you choose,
for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down,
but the staying down."
~Mary Pickford

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: