Thursday, October 2, 2008

Friends

Hi,
There's never a dull moment around here. We got through the storm and then the strangest thing happened. This morning we discovered we had no water. You'd think, with all the rain, that there'd be plenty of water. Wrong. Bring on the mother of invention.
Well, so far Cousin Trudye is the only one to write me with the answer to the song. Maybe today's clues will help you.
"__, if I hold your hand, You will understand. And __, if I kissed your lips, you'll be at my command. Ohhhh, __..."
Hint: Maybe you don't listen to KRTH (oldies radio), maybe you weren't around when it was a hit, or maybe I just gave you the answer.
With no water in the house, we had to get creative. We have plenty of drinking water since we don't drink the 'city water'. The big question was what to do about the 'facilities'. I put on my thinking cap and came up with a brilliant solution: the swimming pool. It's full of water. So, I got a giant water jug and filled the toilet tanks and calm was established. (Ha) Later the water returned, then went away and then returned.
In the meantime, we went into town for shopping and lunch. We went to Black Canyon Coffee since we like their menu. Lisa ordered a soup she had over the weekend. Today, when they served it, it was extra spicy. The chef was more than willing to 'cool' it down. It's nice to have that kind of service.
This afternoon, on our way home, I saw a man pulling a big cart full of ladders. We'd been thinking that we need a really tall ladder for various jobs around the house. I didn't stop, but it stayed on my mind. About an hour later I heard the honking of a bicycle horn. I looked out the upstairs window and it was the 'Ladder Guy'. Lisa ran down to open the gate, I yelled from the window and we ended up with the ladder cart in our driveway. After much negotiation we bought with a very tall ladder.
We were hoping to get a swim but realized we couldn't shower afterwards. That's about the time the water returned so we hit the pool. Just after our showers the water went away. Talk about timing. So there you have it, another adventurous day in Thailand.
Have a Wonderful Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone."
~Maxwell Maltz

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: