Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
We just got back from our adventure with Johan. We went to a development that I told you about a while back. Remember when I told you about the place with the moats and drawbridges? Well, he built all the pools. Everyone there is from Holland, and so is Johan. I'll fill you in after this musical interlude.
The song I was looking for was "Shining Star" by Earth, Wind and Fire. You thought that was easy? Try this one for the weekend: "I guess you wonder where I've been, I searched to find a love within'. I came back to let you know, got a thing for you and I can't let go..." Hint: It's about going to any length, I suppose. We've been here before.
So, Johan picked us up about 4:30 this afternoon and we traveled south of town. We were a little surprised when we got to our destination because it looked familiar. Supat had taken us there to see the houses back when we were looking for land. Johan knows everybody in the development so it was a simple thing to walk into back yards and check out the pools. We saw some really beautiful work and some dramatic concepts. The last house we went to was where we met Jane and Ruud. We hit it off with them right away and they invited us to sit and talk on their terrace. After a little while Johan mentioned that we were going to dinner and invited them. We all went to a Thai restaurant nearby and had a giant dinner. After dinner we traded numbers and plan to have them over when the pool is 'redone'.
Earlier in the day I got a CD player installed in the truck. The truck came with a cassette player and we wanted something more up-to-date. We bought it before we went on vacation and it seemed like time to get on with it. Can't say much about it yet, except that the radio sounds better and more stations pop up in search mode. I have to read the manual and all that. I'll get back to you.
I finally figured out what to plug where to get the sound from my computer into and out of the TV. Now we can enjoy our 'shows' in style. Say, where's the popcorn?
This week's 'Funnies' are from Cousin Trudye. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Getting Old

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND
THINKING, 'SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD.' WELL... YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE.

I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST. I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME. SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS 40 YEARS AGO. COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN?

UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT. THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE. AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL .

'YES. YES, I DID. I'M A MUSTANG,' HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.

'WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?' I ASKED.

HE ANSWERED, 'IN 1967.' WHY DO YOU ASK?'

'YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!', I EXCLAIMED.

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY. THEN, THAT UGLY, OLD, BALD, WRINKLED, FAT ASS, GRAY-HAIRED, DECREPIT SON-OF-A-BITCH ASKED, 'WHAT DID YOU TEACH?'


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: