Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
As I approach the last weekend on the continent... I realize how overly dramatic that sounds. December is not that far away. We will be back. It doesn't all have to be done in one visit. So now in my mind, I can lighten up.
I knew there were some party-animal-rockers out there. You remembered "Rock and Roll All Night" by KISS. Funkateers arise:
"They say the bigger the headache, the bigger the pill, baby. They call me the big pill...We love to funk you, __ Your funk is the best (talk!) Take my body, give it the mind To funk with the rest (kiss me on my ego)..." Hint: Group is named after a political body and the title is based on a classic. Hmm. Have fun. (If you'd like the entire lyric, let me know)
Yesterday was quite a day for me. After dropping Lisa off in the Marina, I ventured into Santa Monica. Midday in August is not the time to be looking for a parking spot out there. Anyway, I found a spot on the ninth floor of a structure, then I found the elevator that didn't work, after that, the store didn't have what I was looking for. I was determined to find another way to get to the ninth floor besides climbing. I found it. Whew.
Next stop, the Culver City DMV. There is now a sign on the door stating that they can only accommodate 120 people in the room. So, one door was locked and there was a line coming out of the other. Fortunately, I only had to drop off a sheet of paper and it was taken by the door monitor. Later in the day, we traveled across town to the edge of the USC campus. There really will be a light-rail system down the middle of Exposition. At least they have begun the project. Hmm, surprise me and finish it on time.
It looks like the dollar is gaining ground on the Thai Baht. That means our money is worth more. That's always cool. When you live on international terms, which we all really do, the interconnection of everything become all too clear. I refuse to try to explain what I don't completely understand, but the falling price of oil is somehow related to our dollar being more valuable in LOS.
Have a 'Cool' WeekEnd and enjoy the 'Funnies'. Big thanks to my good friend Lee for this gem.

Peace,
Danny


INSTALLING A HUSBAND

Dear Tech Support: ,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and

noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance,

particularly in the flower and jewelry applications,

which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0 .



In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable

programs, such as: Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5,

and then installed undesirable programs such as :

· NBA 5.0,

· NFL 3.0 and

· Golf Clubs 4.1.

Also Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2. 6

simply crashes the system.

· Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3

to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed,

Desperate.



DEAR DESPERATE,

First, keep in mind,

· Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while

· Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Please enter command: ithoughtyoulovedme.html and

try to download Tears 6.2 and do not forget to

install the Guilt 3.0 update.

· If that application works as designed ,

Husband 1.0 should then automatically run

the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

However, remember, overuse of the above application

can cause Husband 1.0 to default to

Grumpy Silence 2.5 , Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1 .

· Please note that Beer 6. 1 is a very bad program

that will download the Farting and Snoring Loudly Beta.



Whatever you do, DO NOT under any circumstances install

Mother-In-Law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will

eventually seize control of all your system resources.)

In addition, please do not attempt to reinstall the

Boyfriend 5.0-program These are unsupported

applications and will crash Husband 1.0 .

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program,

but it does have limited memory and cannot learn

new applications quickly. You might consider

buying additional software to improve memory

and performance. We recommend

· Cooking 3.0 and

· Hot Lingerie 7.7.

Good Luck!

Tech Support



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: