Monday, August 11, 2008

Rainbow

Hi,
You know what? This is very late today. I had to make a run into downtown L.A. in morning traffic. Oh joy. It's been a long time since I'd experienced the 'rush hour'.
The weekend song was "Dr. Funkenstein" by Parliament. That would be George Clinton and company. Let's start the week with this: "I've been tryin' to get to you for a long time, because constantly you been on my mind. I was thinkin' 'bout a shortcut I could take but it seems like I made a mistake." Clue: I was just on one of these, sort of. It was big in '67.
The weekend was full of dinners, visits, and time with the boys. We got our storage bin emptied and spent some time with my mom. There was the changing of printer ink and the ritual light-bulb replacement. Tomorrow we're taking her to dinner. The countdown has begun. Basically, we have three full days left. More lunches, dinners and visits, not to mention adventures.
Today's adventure: The Santa Monica Pier with Mr. August. He's been so excited about this one that it has been hard to contain him. I'll be watching from the sidelines as he and Lisa go on the roller-coaster. I'm not big on those. I'm sure that by the time we leave, I'll have a complete understanding of how everything works. August will make sure of that.
We talked to Blue and Ming last night. They're enjoying their time in Thailand. They're currently staying in our house and being taken care of by Boot. And yes, it's still raining.
Well, have a Wonderful Week.

Peace,
Danny

PS Before we leave, I promise to post more pics on Flickr.

"Life is like a rainbow.
You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: