Thursday, March 22, 2018

Time

Hi,

The weather actually looked like rain early this morning.  About an hour later that look was gone.  It’s hot, but not too hot and the only thing that’s keeping us inside is the bad air.  Rain would be great, except for the bird family nesting in the storm drain above the balcony.  They’re still gathering material and a big rain would probably tear it up.  

So far, Lisa is the only reader who responded to the ‘Zany Day’ song.  It’s by an R&B group that was famous for it’s zany recordings.  “Well, now, if I have to swim a river, you know I will.  And-a if I have to climb a mountain, you know I will.  And-a if she’s a-hiding up on Blueberry Hill, am I gonna find her child, you know I will.  ‘Cause I’ve been __.  Oh, yeah, __.  My goodness, __ every which a-way…But I’m like the Northwest Mounties…”  Clue: What are you doing when you’re looking for a missing person?

The little family, Gong, Natcha, Neechanon and Chopper has gone to Mae Sai until Saturday.  They left Wednesday evening.  Natcha made tons of things for us to eat so we’re doing OK on our own.  The house and yard seem quiet.  Daku misses Chopper and Natcha wrote to say that Chopper misses Daku.  

I don’t think I mentioned that everything in Western Australia is expensive.  This stems from the origins of it’s economy.  The locals refer to the mining in the region as ‘resources’.  The earth is abundant with iron, uranium, and gold.  Not long ago, everyone was making a ton of money because money was being made from the dirt.  Even though the ‘boom’ is over, the prices haven’t lowered.  It was a difficult transition coming from Thailand.  There’s a point when you must accept the fact that whatever you touch is going to cost more than at ‘home’.  For a week it was worth it (555).

There are six states in Australia.  Each is unique based on climate and resources, to name two.  One thing that draws them together is sports.  They play Football (soccer), Australian Rules Football (AFL) and AFL Women's, National Rugby League (NRL), Cricket, Netball, and auto racing.  I’m sure I missed something, but you get the idea.  Things are different on the bottom of the world. 

Today’s photos are another dose of Aussie randomness.  Indoor skydiving sounds interesting, but I wouldn’t do it.  Standing where two oceans come together is pretty awesome, and so is feeding an albino kangaroo. 




Not only did I bring home a bunch of memories from our adventure, I brought home a cold.  It’s no secret that I don’t like being sick.  Who does?  When it knocks me down, and I complain, you know somethins’ happening.  Extra ‘C’, ginger tea, and a big box of tissue should see me through the night.  Maybe I can sleep it off and be done with it by morning (555).  It’s worth a try.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Time stays long enough for
anyone who will use it.”
~Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: