Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Funnies

Hi,

So, Bangkok weather can best be described as about 5 degrees hotter than Chiang Rai, very humid, and smoggy.  

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “One Night In Bangkok” by Murray Head.  ‘Old School Friday’ may ring a bell:
“Wo!  I feel good, I knew that I would now.  I feel good, I knew that I would now.  So good, so good, __ __ __”.
Hint: 'The hardest working man in show business’ expressing himself.

It’s been a long day.  Meetings in the morning, more in the afternoon, a brief nap, a walk in the heat, a dinner, another meeting and…  Actually, I’ve had a great day.  Met a lot of people, reconnected with some friends from the past, and shared some insights along the way.  There are over 400 registered participants so far and it’s only Friday.  

The walk in the heat this afternoon was mildly fruitful.  We went out with a list of three things we wanted to get and came back with one.  As soon as we walked out of the hotel we knew we were in a totally different place than home.  When thick, hot air smacks you in the face, you know adjustments have to be made in your attitude, or go back inside (555).  I forgot to bring some comfortable pants for lounging in the hotel room.  That was the one thing we were able to find before turning around and returning to the hotel.  We have now begun making a list of things not to forget on future trips.  We walked one way and took a taxi back.  Obviously, can’t wait to get back home.

We got a message from Natcha saying that Chopper is staying.  Yea!  She also sent some photos of Daku, Chopper and Neechanon playing outside.  Things have been worked out, whatever that means.  

Today’s photo was taken from a walkway that spans over a huge intersection.  The motorbikes (and their riders)
work their way to the front of the line, waiting for the green light.


Finally, it is great sadness I must report that ‘Pie Face’ at the airport, was a total bust.  A let down, a waste.  I bought two of the tiny little apple pies and discovered they are mostly crust, with tiny pieces of what passes for apple parts inside.  I threw them away.  Now I need to go to Charoen Gardens for a pie fix (555).

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                   Peace,
                             Danny


No comments: