Monday, March 26, 2018

Do

Hi,

It’s hard to tell what the weather in Chiang Rai is really doing.  I can tell you that it’s hot, but past that it’s just a murky, smoggy sky.  It could be cloudy but we wouldn’t know.  Wishing for rain.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song had only one friend.  “Venus” by Frankie Avalon, you shoulda known.  ‘Easy Monday’ is next.  “__ __, take me in your arms.  __ __, I want your tender charm, ‘cause I’m lonely and I’m blue, I need you and your love too.  Come on and __ __.”  Hint:  Singer is in need of a 'first-responder’.

Today was the first day out of the house for me since last week.  This non-flu thing has had me down.  Yesterday I resorted to the flu meds we brought back from the States and it helped with symptoms.  I even went to the internet to see if one could have the flu without a fever.  The consensus is that there is something out there that does that.  Well, I have it and I’m glad it’s getting tired of me.  This evening, after dinner, we went to a clinic across town that Natcha went to last week.  She was getting flu symptoms and feeling sick.  The doctor gave her a shot and she felt better the next day.  We got that shot, now we wait.  As it usually the case, he also gave us three different medicines, one applied, the rest were not really a good match.  For roughly $25 for both of us, it was still worth the time.  If the shot works we’ll be tearing around town (555).  

As were leaving the doctor’s office I was complaining that I didn’t get a sucker.  Then I remembered the word lollipop and that reminded me of Australia.  The word ‘lollie’ is very commonly used for all candy except for chocolate.  So, when one says ‘bring home some lollies’, it’s probably a bag of candy of some kind.  Stephen was loading up on carbohydrates for his race and lollies were part of his regimen.  

This morning we drove out to the Frame Factory to pick up two of Lisa’s cast acrylic prints.  It was good to be out in the world.  We took the by-pass road on the east side of town and it goes through a long stretch of countryside.  When we got to Todd’s village, the rice fields were all that brilliant green that inspires staring.  On the way home we stopped by The Wanderer for coffee, tea and roti.  Weekday mornings are nice when it’s almost empty.  

Today’s photos were taken in Mae Sai and at The Big Brown House.  Neechanon is riding a rocking horse on their visit up north last weekend.  The second pic was taken while we were in Oz.          



Have a Great Week.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Do not let what you cannot
do interfere with what you 
can do.”
~John Wooden

No comments: