Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sign

Hi,

The air quality today was a little worse than yesterday.  April 13 is the start of Songkran and the holiday is usually preceded by rain.  It can’t come soon enough.  

I thought this ‘Easy Monday’ song would be a snap.  We’ve ‘sung’ it before so I assumed you’d remember.  Silly me.
“__ __, come on and take my heart, take your love and conquer every part. ‘Cause I’m lonely and I’m blue.  I need you and your love too.  Come on and __ __.”  Clue:  The title is what a kitten stuck in a tree might say to a fireman.

The good news is, the injection I got from the doctor last night made a major difference in my ‘condition’.  I slept all night with no coughing and most of today was the same.  All of the bed rest has also helped with my lower back.  It had been rough in the mornings, but today I got up without wishing I hadn’t.  

We woke up to find we had no internet.  I tried all the things they told us to do but it wouldn’t work.  This afternoon the crew came to the house and connected a device to our line.  They told me the fiber-optic line was broken.  At first they thought it might be in the house, but it was 300 meters away, so they had to go out in the hot dirty air and hunt down the break.  About an hour later they called to say it was working again.  Whew.

After our Tuesday talk with Joe, we went out into the world.  A few frustrated coffee plans later, we sat in the van with some pretty good coffee.  The frustration was not being able to park at our first choice, which was an enclosed shop.  Most of our regular haunts are outdoors or very open, and with the air being this bad, we felt that it would be better to be inside.  

You can always tell when the air has gone bad in Chiang Rai, because everyone’s wearing masks.  Most of the masks are not really suited for the kind of air pollution we have, but they’re better than nothing.  We’re going on a mask hunt tomorrow, in hopes of finding a better fit and particle filtration.  

The  main purpose of our mall visit was to have posters printed for Lisa’s upcoming exhibit in May.  There’s an H.P. Print shop with high quality printers and they have done some very good work for us in the past.  While they were printing the posters, we had lunch.  Among the odds and ends we usually pick up at the mall is information.  I stopped by the Apple Store to ask the burning question: Can we have 1 Blue Tooth broadcast to 2 sets of headphones.  The woman looked at me, finally understand my concept, and then burst out laughing, saying, “Cannot do, cannot do”.  We did agree that it would be a great idea.  She said, “Think big”.  Now, where’s my drawing board (555).

Today’s pics are the dogs, Chopper and Daku.  In this close-up by Gong, Chopper looks rather menacing.  I think that's what he thinks he looks like when he attacks Daku.  Daku has learned to roll on his back and control Chopper with his front legs.   



Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“The true sign of intelligence 
is not knowledge, but imagination.”
~Albert Einstein

No comments: