Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Strong

Hi,

We had another bad air day in Chiang Rai.  The big news is, as I type, it’s raining.  Couldn’t come at a better time. 

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Rescue Me” by Fontella Bass.  That leaves us with a ‘Zany Day’ song to deal with.  
“Every time I think that I’m the only one who’s lonely someone calls on me.  And every now and then I spend my time at rhyme and verse and curse those faults in me.  And then __ __ __, then __ __ __.  And does she want to give me kicks and be my steady chick and give me pick of memories?  Or maybe rather gather tales from all the fails and tribulation no one ever sees.  When we met I was sure out to lunch, now my empty cup tastes as sweet as the punch.”  Clue:  It’s probably about what you thought all those years ago.  Someone arrives.

This was a day to stay at home.  Not only was there no good reason to go out in the nasty air, we just felt like staying at home.  

This afternoon I went to my meeting in town and the sky was eerie.  It was approaching 5pm, but looked like the sun was already setting.  The traffic seemed lighter, like people were hiding from the sky.  Would not have been a bad idea.  The government has closed off entry to the national forests in an effort to stop illegal burning, but that only works when the ‘burners’ are outside the forest to begin with.  Many people live in the forest, so there’s another issue.  The bottom line:  It’s not just the forest fires that are making all the smoke.  No one wants to enforce the burning ban on trash, etc.  Rant over.

Our dear friend Sutheera’s mother passed today and tonight we went to the first night of the mourning.  It was held at a temple we’ve driven by for years, but never visited.  Nukoon, Sutheera’s husband, thinks it might be 100 years old.  We’ll find out more on Saturday when we return.  I always get caught up in the rhythms of the monks when they chant.  It can be very hypnotic.  

Today’s photos are a mix.  The first shows our parrot friends at the Karri Valley Resort, hoping for some morning seeds.  The second is Neechanon investigating new food on on her trip to Mae Sai.



Thoughts of singing in the rain crossed my mind, but I’ll just stay inside and listen to it.

Yep, it’s a Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Some of us think holding on
makes us strong; but sometimes
it is letting go.”
~Hermann Hesse

No comments: