Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Nothing

Hi,

Things seem to be warming up in Chiang Rai.  The nights are still cool, but not cold, and the days are getting warm.  

One person has named the song and artist.  Surely you remember this very cool song.  Here’s more:
“Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, western male.  Across the north and south, to Key Largo, love for sale.  __ __, __ __, __ __.”  Clue:  Sultry voice over a mellow Pop/Jazz track.  Mid 80s.

So, not much to tell.  We spent most of the day in bed.  Natcha took care of us and Daku.  We had a visit from Neechanon that brightened up the morning.  My symptoms are waning as Lisa’s get worse.  Underneath it all is Mr. Lag. 
 
Before we left for the States I snapped some picks at Top’s Market.  This product caught my eye, not because I wanted to buy it, but because of the name.  For the next time I’m feeling dull…..


We have to get well soon.  Invitations to parties and events are coming up.  This Saturday is the annual exhibit and reception at Rai MaeFarluang.  This is a park that is part of the Chiang Rai historical something.  They have a permanent exhibit on the history of Teak and its uses in northern Thailand.  Ajarn Nakorn invites us every year and it’s a big event on the Chiang Rai social calendar.  Hmm, I’d better check to see if I’m dull (555).

We sat in the sun after lunch.  The warmth felt good.  It was good to hear the familiar sounds of our surroundings, just to let me know I was really here.  The Greater Coucals and their hooting, the roosters, and the sounds from the river are all things you don’t hear in Culver City (5).  

As Mr. Lag draws the curtain on another day, I bid you good night (morning in the case of those across the pond).  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“Nothing in all the world is
more dangerous than sincere
ignorance and conscientious
stupidity.”
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: