Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Another beautiful day, with a twist.  This afternoon some clouds decided to visit.  There was even a 20% chance of rain forecast, but I just laughed.  Still, there were clouds in the sky and we could use some rain.  

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “Dr. Funkenstein” by Parliament (George Clinton) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U73DtXZ1zE  If you listen to the whole track you will discover many little hidden treasures.  It’s some very funny stuff.  Somebody stop me, I could go on and on, but it’s time for ‘Old School Friday’.  Here’s one I’ll bet you remember:  “Well, since my baby left me, well, I found a new place to dwell.  Well, it’s down at the end of Lonely 
Street at __ __.  Where I’ll be so lonely baby, well, I’m so lonely, I’ll be so lonely, I could die.”  Hint:  Really?  This could be an Easy Monday song.

This morning we were both wondering what happened with that vitamin injection we got yesterday.  The results were not as expected.  With most of our lists finished (5) there wasn’t a lot to do in town so we kept it simple.
Coffee/tea and roti at The Wanderer, then a short trip to Browney’s for doggie treats and a new toy.  

Today’s photo was taken at The Wanderer.  This little sculpture sits right by the cash register.  


Some days I take for granted the sights and sounds of a typical day.  This morning while we were out with Daku, a couple of bird families began to chatter in the trees on the west side of the house.  We couldn’t see them, but we could hear them.  There is a ‘bird couple’ that comes to the front lawn every morning.  They have become used to Daku and they will move off the lawn when he runs by, but return just as fast.  As we were leaving The Wanderer we were approached by three dogs running down the road with smiling faces, followed by a man on a motorbike.  At the corner, on a vacant lot, there were water buffalos grazing.  Just another day in Chiang Rai.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.          Time for the ‘Funnies’.

              Peace,
                        Danny


No comments: