Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Funnies

Hi,

From what I observed, it was a nice day in L.A. yesterday.  The sun was out and they say it warmed a little.  I didn’t go out.  Just as we prepare to leave town, the weather warms up.  Hmm.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Yakety Yak” by The Coasters.  Time for ‘Old School Friday’ and one you’re sure to remember.  “Sittin’ in the morning sun, I’ll be sittin; when the evening comes.  Watching the ships roll in, then I watch them roll away again, yeah.  I’m (__ __) __ __ __ __ __ watchin’ the tide roll away, ooh, I’m just (__ __) __ __ __ __ __ wastin’ time.”  Hint:  This 1968 blues has become a classic.  The singer also urged us to try a little tenderness.  

Nothing much to tell you from my end, except that I think I’m doing a little better with the help of modern medicine.  Based on the long distances one must walk at the airports, we’ve ordered a wheelchair for the three segments of the trip.  It will be odd, but worth it.

Checking the weather in Chiang Rai, it will be 76 on Sunday when we finally arrive.  Then the temps will rise through the week and settle in the mid-80s by Wednesday.  It will be just what my body needs to feel better.  The forecasts are very similar for here and there at this time.  Which brings me to this:  Have you ever traveled some place and taken way too many clothes?  Especially when it’s cold?  That has been the case almost every time we come to the States.  It’s always cooler than I think it will be and I end up wearing nothing but the same warm shirts.  The tropical wardrobe could be left in Thailand.  

I regret that I had to cancel some visits with friends, but there’s always next time.  Here’s a thought, why don’t you come and visit us?  (555)  

Today’s photo was sent to us by Natcha.  Little Neechanon is contemplating something in the yard while all bundled up.  The morning and evening temps are in the 50s.


My hands are not liking the typing movements, so I bid you farewell until next week. 

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.          Wait for the ‘Funnies’.

                   Peace,
                             Danny


No comments: