Saturday, August 12, 2017

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today was another postcard, picture perfect weather day.  Not too hot, as long as you weren’t in the sun (555).

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “Just Dropped In to See What Condition My Condition Was In”, by Kenny Rogers & The First Edition, 1967.  ‘Old School Friday is next.  I just know some of you remember this one:  “Happy birthday, happy birthday baby, oh, I love you so.  __ __ make a lovely light, but not as bright as your eyes tonight.  Blow out the candles, make your wish come true, for I’ll be wishing that you love me too.”  Hint:  Age is just a number and there is one in the title (a number). 

Not to confuse you or anything, but I’m writing this on Thursday, telling you about our day because on Friday I’ll be in the air.  The big adventure on our last day in America was a visit to Venice Beach.  We used to come here a lot, many years ago.  Arriving before the crowds was a good start, and gave us a chance to browse without interruptions in some of the shops.  After getting the gifts we wanted, we just played tourist.  It was our day, so we got ourselves presents too.  Lunch at the Sidewalk Cafe was good for watching the people strolling up and down the walkway.  Taking in the local color (characters) is always a plus.  It’s interesting to watch people entertaining the tourists by just being themselves.  Hmm.  We walked down to the skate park and joined the crowd that was watching ‘kids’ of all ages swoop in and out of the sculpted pools. 

Today’s photo was taken at the skateboard area at Venice Beach.





Our Godson, C-Bass, made us a dinner of shrimp Pad Thai.  It was delicious.  Some of the best we’ve had, and we’ve had a lot.  It was a wonderful way to end the trip.  He and his brother August, Lisa and I had a cool farewell meal.  Earlier, I went to the market with C-Bass and he said something that gave me a better perspective on what I’ve been feeling.  He doesn’t like all the changes that are taking over Culver City and he said, “This is not the town I grew up in.”  That is what I have been feeling.  It was so ‘to the point’.  Anyway, I’ll have to think of it as a new town I’m visiting next time.

Right now we’re hanging out in the EVA Lounge at LAX.  What a cool way to wait for a flight.  Food, beverages, football on TV and solid WiFi make it all OK.  The next time you hear from me it will be from Chiang Rai.  We arrive there on Saturday. 

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.         Now, the ‘Funnies’.

                  Peace,
                            Danny


No comments: