Thursday, August 10, 2017

Deeds

Hi,

The temps in Chiang Rai are about the same as Culver City.  The difference in weather is the fact that Chiang Rai is supposed to have high humidity and/or rain.  Oh my.

A few readers were quick to identify the ‘Zany Day’ song for this week.  Here’s more:  “I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then followed it in.  I watched myself crawling out as I was a-crawling in, I got up so tight I couldn’t unwind.  I saw so much I broke my mind.  I __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __.”  Clue:  The singer is checking up on himself in a psychedelic manner?

I’m finding it hard to concentrate as I write this message.  This is our last night (Wednesday) in the U.S. until December.  Tonight (Thursday) we will go to the airport, stand in a few lines while being scrutinized, and then board the plane for the long haul to Taipei.  Then, after a couple of hours on the ground we’ll take off for Bangkok.  In Bangkok we’ll have a 5 hour wait until we board the plane for Chiang Rai.  There will be a bit of sunshine in Bangkok because we will have a visit from Jesper, Louise and Rasmus.  They’re going to meet us and hang out at the airport. 

Wednesday was another full day.  Our friends Sandy and Ady have a little dog that they will be taking with them when they move to South Africa.  They asked if we could look for a natural remedy for travel anxiety that they could give their dog.  We went to our regular ‘pet spot’ and they had exactly what we asked for.  Never knew there were such things.  

We had a fun dinner at the Overland Cafe with Mark and Erica.  I have known Mark for about 25 years.  We talked about travel, food, and Westside rents.  It was a great way to finalize our ‘eating out’ activities. 

We’ve just about exhausted all of our lists.  A few things keep working their way from one list to another, as we either can’t find them or just put it off.  This morning we’re going out to Venice Beach to get a few items to take home as gifts.  It will be good to smell the ocean, hear the waves, and see the sights of the ‘boardwalk’. 

Today’s photo is one that most of you have seen before.  Just wanted to remind you of why we’re feeling homesick.  This is home.  The Big Brown House.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

"When deeds speak,
words are nothing.”
~Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

No comments: