Thursday, May 4, 2017

Path

Hi,

The ‘HOT’ that was promised arrived, but we managed to hide from the heat in the afternoon.  

So far only one person has let me know that they got this ‘Zany Day’ song.  Somebody is humming it and not sharing.
Well, I confirmed my reservation, then I hopped a cab.  No idea of my destination and feeling pretty bad.  With my suitcase in my hand, in my head, my new life.  So then I told the airline girl, ‘Well, get me on __ __ __, get me on __ __ __.”  Hint:  From a group who gathers no moss.  Title is actually two dashes, but there are three in the lyric.  A dash can have more than one word/number in it.  OK, now we’re all really confused.  The answer tomorrow.  (5)

This morning we had a reunion with our friends Sandy and Ady at The Wanderer.  They have been on an extended trip to South Africa to visit with family.  In September they will move there.  We got an update on their lives and filled them in on the happenings in Chiang Rai.  Sometimes you connect with people and then they’re gone.  That’s the nature of living in a place with a transient expat community.  We’ve already made tentative plans to visit them in two years.  

There has been a forecast for rain tomorrow, with a high of 97F.  A new pattern has been developing among those who burn trash.  They do it a day or two before rain is due.  I want to think that they think the rain will wash away what they do, but it’s probably just a matter of burning while it’s all dry.  At any rate, this morning’s air quality was terrible.  This season has been much better than past years when it comes to smoke.  I suspect the high fines helped.  Some friends are amazed when we tell them that in So. California we stopped burning in the 50s.  I still remember the incinerators in every back yard and how they became relics.  

Today’s photo is a progress report on our flowering tree.  The yellow blossoms are opening and they look like little orchids.


For the last few days Neetchanon and her cousins have been playing on the front lawn in the late afternoon.  She figured out how to maintain her footing on the grass and loves running with the big kids.  Summer memories.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.”
~Buddha

No comments: