Wednesday, October 12, 2016

You

Hi,

Last night we had another of those major storms.  Lots of thunder and lightning along with a large amount of water.   By mid-morning it had all ended and the sun was coming out.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “You Are The Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder.  Try this ‘Zany Day’ song:
“Well, I was happy here at home, I got everything I need.  Happy bein’ on my own just livin’ the life I lead.  Well, suddenly it dawned on my that this was not my life.  So I just called the airline girl and said, ‘Get me on __ __ __ __ __, get me on __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  It came from across the pond, but not by the usual suspects.  There are numbers involved.

This morning we had to take Daku to the vet.  He has an infection on his hip that looks different than the usual hot spot.  We met with Dr. Boom, someone we hadn’t met before.  She was very calm and attentive with Daku.  He still didn’t like the fact that he was being messed with.  He has antibiotics to take, and a topical cream to ease the itching sensation.  It wasn’t on our list of things to do but since we’re going away, we wanted to take care of it so we don’t worry too much.  

If you’re wondering why this message is arriving so late, it’s because we’ve been out celebrating Cat’s 19th birthday.
We had dinner at Sizzler in the mall.  We didn’t get a cake this year and when Lisa asked if anyone had sung to her, she said, ‘Not yet’.  I asked if she’d outgrown that and she said she still ‘needed that’.  We got a slice of cheesecake to put a candle on so we could sing at home.  On the way out of the mall, we saw a group of the tiny elephants like Lisa painted.  Her’s was not in the group so we asked the guard if there were more.  He pointed to the other end of the mall and off we went.  We found another group, but still no ‘Ellie’ as she is called.  The mall was about to close so we’ll have to go back and continue our search.  Have you seen Ellie?

With all the focus on Daku this morning, I forgot about getting the van washed.  We went out this afternoon but our usual place was closed.  I remembered a carwash across from the Condotel.  Remember our Sunday dinners there?  It’s called Turtle Wax Car Wash and they were open.  While we waited, we tried out the new restaurant that replaced The Bistro.  There was one interesting looking snack that we tried and we loved it.  While we were waiting, our friend Tye came in on her way to yoga class.  It was good to see her.  After our snack we picked up our clean van.  I think we may return to this place.  

Today’s photo is a splash of color from our front yard.  


Time to finish packing for our Chiang Mai trip.  

It’s going to be a Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is
you-er than you!
~Dr. Seuss


No comments: