Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mysterious

Hi,

Chiang Rai weather was beautiful today.  Scattered clouds are always better than heavy rain clouds this time of year.  We’ll see what happens overnight.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Heatwave” by Martha & The Vandellas.  Time to get crazy again with a ‘Zany Day’ song.
“Fe fe fi fi fo fo fum, I smell smoke in the auditorium.  __ __, __ __, he’s a clown, that __ __.  He’s gonna get caught, just you wait and see. (Why is everybody always pickin’ on me?)”  Hint:  You may have gone to school with someone like the person in this song.  The title is his name.

This was the busiest day I’ve had in weeks.  I guess I’m getting better ‘cause I didn’t fall apart.  We started at the northern end of town with a visit to Art Bridge.  I had missed the opening of the current exhibit with the tiny works, so I got a chance to see Lisa's painting among the many.  After coffee, we hit Browney’s for dog stuff, the bank for money, and ended up at the mall for lunch and shopping.  It was a very productive morning.  

The donut people were out on the highway again.  One day, when it was raining, we gave the donuts a nickname.  Imagining them getting wet and well, soggy, we now call them ‘soggys’.  We laugh every time we see one of the vendors now.  Here’s a photo to put things in perspective.


Yesterday I realized that with Blue’s passing I have lost a ‘nostalgia buddy’.  There’s something about looking way back and remembering the trivia and smiling, or laughing.  I had this distinct memory of a radio show called ‘The Fat Man’.  One of those mystery dramas that had you sitting next to the radio, visualizing every scene.  If any of you kids remember that show, let me know.  I may have more memories for you in the future.

At the mall this morning, there was a flood of activity around the various phone vendors.  All the popular brands are in a row, so you can go from stall to stall and compare.  New names keep popping up from China and Korea mostly.  All of the vendors are selling ‘smart phones’ and it’s all very modern.  I thought about how there is another segment of the culture that only needs a phone to make or get a call.  Across the highway at Big C you can buy a used ‘old school’ phone.  Remember those tiny little cell phones that fit in the palm of your hand?  No frills, no bells or whistles, just a call and maybe a text message if you’re willing to struggle with the keyboard.  I just find the whole thing interesting.

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“The most beautiful thing
we can experience is the
mysterious.”
~Albert Einstein
 

No comments: