Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Knowledge

Hi,

I guess the weather is preparing for the ‘High Season’, offering clear skies and warm days.  It was another one of those days today.  A little cooler would have been nice.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was apparently easy for some of you.  This next line sums up the theme of the song:
“You’re __ __ __ that makes me laugh, __ __ __ that’s my better half.  We’re still havin’ fun and you’re __ __ __.”
Hint:  Hey, it’s ‘Easy Monday’.  

This morning we went adventuring in the Talat.  The market was bustling and we don’t know why.  The vendors selling black clothes were quite busy.  One of the blind men who walks the aisles and sings to his tape machine was trying his best to make a living today.  Since music and singing are not allowed during the mourning period, he walked with his tin can and spoke a few phrases at a time.  It was very touching.  Some people recognized his plight and contributed to his cause.  I imagine there are many stories like his, people who depend on entertaining to survive and cannot.  On the brighter side, there seemed to be a festive vibe among the shoppers, seeing each other sharing their respect for The King, all dressed in black or white.  It provides a common thread (excuse the pun) that, in my mind, gave it all purpose.

One of our stops in the Talat was a gold stand.  I have been curious for a few days about whether there were any amulet/medallions with the image of The King.  I found a beautiful one this morning and got it at an good price.  I don’t usually wear gold, but in this case I’m willing to alter my ’style’.  I later discovered that there is a crack in the clear shell over the image.  It’s not noticeable from a distance and can probably be replaced.  Still, I’m happy with it.  I replaced the gold chain with a more subtle, brown twisted material.  Lisa now has a new gold chain.  

This afternoon we had our first Thai lesson with Khun Awe.  She dove right in, speaking to us in Thai to see where we were in our understanding.  We spent the hour learning some basic, fundamental phrases that helped us understand things we’d been saying and hearing already.  The time flew by and we’re liking the way she teaches.  Now, where did I put that tape recorder?

Today’s photo was taken in our driveway this morning.  Neetchanon had just had her breakfast and was in a very cute mood.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Real knowledge is to know
the extent of one’s ignorance.”
~Confucius

No comments: